Bike details apps

sethmopp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've recently just changed bike to an RT, when my NavV unit was connected in the cradle on the GSA it had three app icons with bike info, these seem to have disappeared now it has been connected to my RT. Any ideas how to get them back?

I think you might be assuming that your RT has the ability to ‘trigger’ the app’s on your Nav V?

I guess that if you connect your GPS device to an earlier model GS, they won’t be there either. But if you connect your GPS to a newer GS they may well appear.

What do you want the app’s for anyway?

Just interesting to see the stats. I bought it after I bought my 2015 GSA and they were there but when I had connected it to my 2016 RT I couldn't find them, in fact when I connected it up at first it didn't even recognise that it was connected.

Maybe direct your question to the RT section, to see if anyone has managed to turn in their statistics gathered?

On my 2014 LCRT none of the bike connectivity (the bits that tell you stuff about the bike itself) worked with the Nav5. All of it works with my GS - same Nav5.

RT just doesn't (or didn't) have same interface...

What a pisser. But hey, it’ll still work as a really good GPS device, so don’t get too disheartened.

Language Trixie .... :teacher

Oh well, seems I'll have to do without all the stats.

I asked here rather than the RT section as it is a Nav5 question.

It’s also an RT question, if the RT doesn’t have the ability to send data (statistics) to the dumb GPS device. Unfortunately, it seems that the RT doesn’t, whilst other bikes in the BMW range can.

Enjoy your new bike; knowing (being told) when the next service is due, what the voltage is, what position you held the throttle and / or applied the brakes will have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom