Weird fuel gauge problem

Decompressing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fitted a Techlusion fuel booster thing to my 1150GS today. This necessitated disconnecting the O2 sensor. The bike goes like the clappers now which is great BUT the fuel gauge is now reading all over the place. It’s like it’s lost the electronic damping that stops it reacting to sloshing fuel. One minute it’s showing full, then half empty. If you stop riding, switch off and then on again it will show the correct tank level. I know it all works on resistance and I was wondering if anybody else had had this issue after disconnecting their O2 sensor?

Not heard of that before (and I've had a Techlusion on mine in the past). I'd take the multi-pin plug apart and give the contacts a good clean as a first step...

That’s what I first thought but then I thought that it was working fine before and crucially, I didn’t take that connector apart. I can’t but help wonder if the circuitry of the wiring to the O2 sensor and it’s resistance somehow affects the gage reading? Anybody?!

Not heard of that before (and I've had a Techlusion on mine in the past). I'd take the multi-pin plug apart and give the contacts a good clean as a first step...

Just a thought, did you have the R259 box which retains the O2 sensor? I had that box on a previous 1150 without any issues.

Just a thought, did you have the R259 box which retains the O2 sensor? I had that box on a previous 1150 without any issues.

Yes, the connectors fitted between the lambda sensor and the loom on the version I had (an early one in 2002).

Have you done anything else to the Bike? Shifted anything around?

Do you have HID lights? They have some history of affecting the RID if they’re not shielded from it, or are too close...

No, nothing else moved, no HID lights....I think I’m going to have to take a look at some circuit diagrams to see if they give any clue....it’s weird

Back
Top Bottom