New GSA

Dmoffat

Reaction score
Hi , Wondering how long it will take for my new bike to be ready, I ordered it on 14th from Marshalls laceby new standard height , How long did yours take ?

Derek

I walked in, pointed, paid in full and it was registered and ready for collection 2 days later.

Same with my Africa Twin, except I didn't pay a penny for that new bike until a month after collection.

Have you asked the dealer? They may be best placed?

About 2 days here in Spain but mine took a week because I was initially refused financing due to not understanding my payslip (UK payslip), my P60 or my Spanish tax return. All sorted in the end.

However, TFT doesn't come "free" here, you have to pay for it and it automatically comes with the SOS button; if you want it without, it takes 4-6 weeks they said as it had to be made, shipped and delivered. I didn't want to wait and TBH, I think it ain't altogether a bad thing to have it. My wife calls me a lone wolf. I like riding with mates but I also like riding on my own. In both cases, it's a good thing to have as most of the roads I ride are pretty empty most of the time.

It may also depend on the time of year. I bought mine in March, I should think in May there is a higher demand.

Conclusion: Potentially 2 days, but up to 4-6 weeks.

It's ready now.
If you pop in tomorrow we will take you through the instruments.
BMW Motorrad :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BMW UK appear to have a warehouse in near Northampton full of stock bikes. My lowered TE came from there in about 3 days, ready PDI'd.

Nice outside the box thinking... does it have to be the same dealer or will any dealer do

Any dealer should do, try a KTM one as they'll give you a considered accurate answer.

Is this thread for real? You pay 15 k for a bike but don’t ask when it will be here ? Or how long it will take from the warehouse ? That’s the first thing peeps ask. The answer most defo lies with the supplying dealer , why would you want to ask another dealer ?

Have you asked the dealer? They may be best placed?

Incredibly stupid advice.

You should always ask UKGSer everything; not least as:

1. You can disguise that all you really want to do is tell the world that you have a new bike on order

2. It saves being (possibly) stared at in the dealership as some sort of chimp

3. It saves asking your mum, particularly when she’s busy

4. The question might detract from the fraught process of haggling at the dealership, handing the tactical advantage to the salesman

Hi , anybody know how the soft bag big fits on a 2018 standard adventure rack as im trying to haggle the dealer whilst buying new ?

No, I don’t know why or how the method of fitting a bag to the bike affects the haggling either. But, it obviously does in Hull.

Is this thread for real? You pay 15 k for a bike but don’t ask when it will be here ? Or how long it will take from the warehouse ? That’s the first thing peeps ask. The answer most defo lies with the supplying dealer , why would you want to ask another dealer ?

£15k will only get you 2/3rds of a new GSA! If you configure up a full spec one there’s not much change from £20k.

£15k will only get you 2/3rds of a new GSA! If you configure up a full spec one there’s not much change from £20k.

plus £2.5k of necessary farkles

...because you'll get a considered and accurate answer!

And that's not just any view it's Warlord's and we all know he's OCD about detail and accuracy

Back
Top Bottom