Oil cooler fan?

MattW

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully fitted an oil cooler fan to a GSA?

We had a couple of weeks in Spain / Portugal last year and with the temps around 40, every time I hit traffic (or had to idle for any reason) the temperature gauge climbed instantly and much clattering and pinking ensued.

With a trip to Croatia on the cards (where it can also be spanking hot), I've been wondering whether an oil cooler fan might be possible - either using factory parts or DIY (I think the police RT's had oil cooler fans?).

I remember talk of it on here a couple of years ago but don't know if anything was actually produced...

I've wondered about this myself. Keep us posted. :thumb2

(20W50 helps things in the heat instead of 10W40).

Has anyone successfully fitted an oil cooler fan to a GSA?

We had a couple of weeks in Spain / Portugal last year and with the temps around 40, every time I hit traffic (or had to idle for any reason) the temperature gauge climbed instantly and much clattering and pinking ensued.

With a trip to Croatia on the cards (where it can also be spanking hot), I've been wondering whether an oil cooler fan might be possible - either using factory parts or DIY (I think the police RT's had oil cooler fans?).

I remember talk of it on here a couple of years ago but don't know if anything was actually produced...

The consensus was that whilst Police spec bikes had a fan fitted The GSA could not be fitted with one afaik
Another vote for 20/50 oil though:beerjug:

a 12V fan on the back of a rad isnt rocket science

manual trigger via a switch , unless you want to play with the eng temp sensor..

Loats of heavy duty PC specced fans out there

a 12V fan on the back of a rad isnt rocket science

manual trigger via a switch , unless you want to play with the eng temp sensor..

Loats of heavy duty PC specced fans out there

No shit Sherlock.

i just asked if anyone else had done it - no point reinventing the wheel - taken a look behind the oil cooler of a GSA?

No shit Sherlock.

i just asked if anyone else had done it - no point reinventing the wheel - taken a look behind the oil cooler of a GSA?

:)

Probably the same as my GS - but you dont need to go behind - Plenty of space infront

Alternativley you could move the cooler - look at the R-9T

I wasnt saying reinvent the wheel- Just think outside the box :)

Back
Top Bottom