‘Exclusive Seat’

AGelly

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone swapped their standard seat for a bmw ‘exclusive’ item and if so what is your opinion?

I am looking at swapping seats as too many hot spots with the standard one.

Many Thanks

Is the Exclusive seat what BMW also refer to as the 'Comfort' seat that they fitted to the R1200 GS Triple Black as standard?

Is the Exclusive seat what BMW also refer to as the 'Comfort' seat that they fitted to the R1200 GS Triple Black as standard?

Possibly - if it is the one with the two tone black and grey cover. I bought my rider and pillion Exclusive seats from Rainbow Motorcycles, now sadly closed/taken over, and I think they cost around £500 for the set which I offset a bit by selling my originals. I think these seats are not officially available in the UK, so were imported from Europe. It is recommended that they are fitted as a rider/pillion set as they don't match the originals, but I think I have read somewhere that the Exclusive rider seat will physically fit with the original pillion seat.

To answer the OP, I believe that they are much more comfortable than the standard seats, and in fact they are the most comfortable seats I have had on any motorcycle, both for me as the rider and my wife as pillion. I could happily ride all day on mine which has become even better now I have put a few miles (9000) on it. To be fair I did minimal mileage on the original seat, so I don't know if it would have improved with use.

Fred

It’s a bit confusing so bear with me. The exclusive seat that was fitted as standard on a GS triple black can be identified by the GS logo on seat highlighted with silver stitching. It was definitely comfier than your present seat. The latest comfort seat is comfier but is not the same as the one I’ve already mentioned. So to answer your question, yes I have the experience and the comfort seats are better BUT in my opinion not much better and not worth £350 plus. I find the standard seat on the GSA a literal PITA . I’ve had a gel pad fitted into it which helped a bit but am now going back to using an Airhawk seat pad.

If you mean these seats ie the two tone black grey seats that were fitted to the first triple blacks they are much better than the standard GSA seats but by no means perfect , riders seat is fine for up to 200 miles but after that I use an Airhawk

Attachments

• new bmw 017 nos 3_edited-1.jpg
    new bmw 017 nos 3_edited-1.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 780
  • new bmw 027 nos 4_edited-1.jpg
    new bmw 027 nos 4_edited-1.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 772
Yes they're the seats I was on about :thumb2

They came as standard fit on the R1200 GS Triple Black

I took mine off after 700 miles, stuck them in a box and fitted Triple Black GSA ones

My previous bike was a 2014 GSA so I must have a GSA shaped arse as I find the GSA seats more comfortable :clap

The seat on my 2017 GS Exclusive is like a couch, really comfy, looked at my invoice no number from BMW it just says High seat comfort, pic below from underneath so looks like the BMW number.

The Exclusive seats are made by Kahedo for BMW , same factory the Touratech and Wunderlich come from

I have the grey and black exclusive seats on my 2016. I didn't feel much difference at first but they are much better on long trips

I put them on from day two. 400 miles and my arse was just starting to get restless.
Better than the stock and looks alot better too.

I ordered my 2018 GS with comfort seats which were quite good, but I’ve now got the black and grey Triple Black Exclusive Seats fitted which IMO are even better.
Hope this helps.

The 'Exclusive seat' is the best BMW made seat available for a GS in my opinion!:thumb2

im looking to change my standard seat on my 2018 GSA for a low as im only 5"9'and are these any lower as im looking for comfy low options.

Hi,

Has anyone swapped their standard seat for a bmw ‘exclusive’ item and if so what is your opinion?

I am looking at swapping seats as too many hot spots with the standard one.

Many Thanks

Perhaps a 2% improvement over the regular GSA seat so a waste of money IMO, I have one sitting on the shelf I need to unload. Ordered a kit from Seat Concepts which comes with upgraded reshaped foam for the riders seat and matching cover for the passenger seat and installed it myself. 100% improvement over stock. Have one on my AT as well and it's great too.

im looking to change my standard seat on my 2018 GSA for a low as im only 5"9'and are these any lower as im looking for comfy low options.

Hi can you upload a pic as I have the low exclusive seats in black only I havnt tried them yet hoping to get out tomorrow

I've had the exclusive seat for the last 2 years, very comfortable and I think worth the money. It even survived a dip in a river and I transferred it onto my next gsa.

Back
Top Bottom