Recommend a flip helmet / Shop with multi brands

Joca

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I am planning on getting a new helmet, flip front.
I'd like to try a few different ones as I wear glasses and also like it to fit on the standard Vario topbox
Any tips on helmets or shops around north west?
Mid -range prices as i'm a very casual rider

Thanks

J S Accessories at Oakmere - near Delamere Forest have a large collection in store.

Plenty to choose from and try on.

Helpful staff too

I was recently looking at buying a Shoei Neotec 2. But on trying it against the Neotec 1 at J and S in Northwich, could not justify the additional cost. After checking sizes, bought a Neotec 1 from Infinity Motorcycles for £340 (can’t remember the design name) delivered the next day. Done around a 1000 miles in it so far and very please with it.

I have a scorpio exo

Not a bad lid flip front - comes with free pinlock visor

I was recently looking at buying a Shoei Neotec 2. But on trying it against the Neotec 1 at J and S in Northwich, could not justify the additional cost. After checking sizes, bought a Neotec 1 from Infinity Motorcycles for £340 (can’t remember the design name) delivered the next day. Done around a 1000 miles in it so far and very please with it.

I bought my Neotec 2 last week for not much more - not 100% sure what the differences are, but it was a deal too good not to take.

D.

I bought my Neotec 2 last week for not much more - not 100% sure what the differences are, but it was a deal too good not to take.

D.

Saw the deal last night from Lids Direct and the price match by Moto Legends. I am trying hard to ignor that!!! :blast

I am also looking for a flip, tried lots of different makes and the one that fits best is Schuberth C4 but that is £569. The C3 sort of fits but I don't feel happy with sort of. However, you have to go with the fit so the C4 will have to be for me.

Neotec fits in a GS LC Vario top box and is designed for glasses wearers. J and S in Northwich have a good range of flip fronts to try on.

I went to infinity to try on the Scorpion adx1 which was £175 but they didnt have any n stock. Tried a few more on and the sales guy tried pushing me towards the £500 range. I went home and scanned the net and decided on the Caberg Tourmax. It fit well, had all the features including pinlock and my glasses fit down the sides without much pressure. They are £199 in infinity or £159 here :
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Caberg-Tourmax-Matt-Black-Flip-Up-Helmet-Fast-N-Free-Shipping-SALE/302621346071?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=601462047256&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Thanks for all your feedback. Going to call at J&S during the week to try a few on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I’ve recently purchased my first flip front which is the Shoei Neotec 1. Got it for a great price as I think dealers are looking at getting rid of old stock with the new Neotec now being available.
As I also where glasses I’ve found it extremely comfortable and would not hesitate to recommend one.

have a look at ghost bikes preston,vast selection and they say they'll beat anyones price.

have a look at ghost bikes preston,vast selection and they say they'll beat anyones price.

I think i've been to this place a while ago but hardly any stuff out to try??? only a handfull of helmets but various sizes???
It was a waste of time. (unless i'm confusing it with another place)

I live close to J & S and, if there is ever an issue with stuff, they always sort it without any hassle.

Just a quick update.
After a lot of trialling...
I have bought a HJC RPHA 90 from J&S.
It felt as good as the Shoei Neotec
But a little lighter and cheaper.
Comes with pin lock included.
I'm not collecting it until next week. I'll do a little feedback after.
And just about fits the vario case.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I am planning on getting a new helmet, flip front.
I'd like to try a few different ones as I wear glasses and also like it to fit on the standard Vario topbox
Any tips on helmets or shops around north west?
Mid -range prices as i'm a very casual rider

Thanks

Branded Bargain Bikers ask for John Wakefield

This month’s RiDE magazine has a decent enough review of lots of flip-front helmets, if that’s your thing. In the shops today.

Back
Top Bottom