Recommend a flip helmet / Shop with multi brands

Just bought an AGV carbon modular, my first AGV in years and got to say I'm impressed.

Is it quiet?
What helmet did you change from, what is the comfort like.
Lastly, do you have any comms. The last time I contacted AGV they said it was coming.

I have tried on the Neotec 2 the Peterborough show, this and the AGV are on my short list. Any help would be much apreciated.
Thanks
Tom

Is it quiet?
What helmet did you change from, what is the comfort like.
Lastly, do you have any comms. The last time I contacted AGV they said it was coming.

I have tried on the Neotec 2 the Peterborough show, this and the AGV are on my short list. Any help would be much apreciated.
Thanks
Tom
I have had Arai quantum st, nexx xd1 and Arai Chaser. The AGV is without doubt a premium lid, the first thing you notice is just how light it is and extremely stable at speed, in fact I'd say the most stable helmet I've ridden in. It's reasonably quiet . I wear custom plugs anyway. Comfort wise, no issues at all.
I use scala comms though not yet fitted.

I use an Evoline 1 and I find the visor seal is not very good, rain runs down the inside of the visor and then it mists up forcing you to open the visor slightly.

Basically is the Evoline 3 any better(I hope) and you say it is lighter, which would be good.

Just got back for The Black Forest and had a coupe of torrential downpours (as well as a hail storm of biblical proportions) and had no issues at all.....

Just a quick update.
After a lot of trialling...
I have bought a HJC RPHA 90 from J&S.
It felt as good as the Shoei Neotec
But a little lighter and cheaper.
Comes with pin lock included.
I'm not collecting it until next week. I'll do a little feedback after.
And just about fits the vario case.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

gets good reviews too

Ashamed to say, I haven't used it yet.

This was a concern for me before I got my Evoline3 but it has not been an issue at all, just don’t notice it.

I’ve had mine that long it is about time I bought a new one, will be checking out the latest version -is it called the Evo one two or something?

Yes Evo One Two, it's claimed to have a better flip mechanism which doesn't scratch the visor when flipping the chin bar over, I've recently bought one and overall am pleased with it so far, it's homologated for use flipped or closed,
I've found the flip mechanism pretty good but have had issues closing it properly when riding,
the peripheral vision and visor optics are excellent offering a wide and clear sight range,
the ventilation is pretty good but is dependant on screen type and angle etc.
it's not as quiet as my Schuberth C3 Pro but then not many lids are but wind noise is tolerable with custom ear plugs in,
it seems quite well designed aerodynamically as I don't suffer any buffeting (R1200GS LC Rallye with std GS LC tint screen rider height 5'10")
Internal padding in terms of fit/finish/comfort are all pretty good as is the ratchet secured chin strap,
The operation of the internal sun visor takes some getting used to as it's a slider on the top of the lid rather than the position I'm more used to,
Finally......I've taken it back to the place where I bought it (Thunder road Bridgend) as I have experienced trim pieces coming away on the chin piece and difficulty closing the chin piece accurately at the first attempt, they are sending it back to the importer/manufacturer and will report back to me in due course, I hope they can resolve the issues to my satisfaction as I like the lid, I spent a day on the bike yesterday and reverted to my C3 Pro and was reminded how good a lid this is, quiet, comfortable,good fit and finish and good visibility and ventilation, praise the lord it wasn't raining :D

I saw the evo one two at get geared in Leeds and the recommended method of closing is to squeeze at both sides. The evo three works better closing with one hand front and one at the back.
The evo three does suffer from water ingress onto the visor in the rain but the mechanism on the one two appear to solve this aspect.

The main reason I liked the Shark evo is the ability to fold the chin bar all the way back rather than simply “up” which creates a big sail upon your head!
Only disadvantage of the full back design is that it stops one mounting a camera for those POV award-winning footage.

Just had a ride with my new RPHA and I'm pleased with it.
Good fit, reasonably quiet, sun visor is not too dark, mechanisms feel strong.

I saw the evo one two at get geared in Leeds and the recommended method of closing is to squeeze at both sides. The evo three works better closing with one hand front and one at the back.
The evo three does suffer from water ingress onto the visor in the rain but the mechanism on the one two appear to solve this aspect.

The main reason I liked the Shark evo is the ability to fold the chin bar all the way back rather than simply “up” which creates a big sail upon your head!
Only disadvantage of the full back design is that it stops one mounting a camera for those POV award-winning footage.

The sales person I spoke to when I returned the helmet mentioned the 2 handed closing requirement but the sales person that sold me the helmet never mentioned this, quite honestly if it requires 2 handed closing it defeats the object and the flexibility of being able to ride with the chin bar raised or lowered, who wants to stop to close the chin bar or risk using 2 hands when on the move?
I chose the Evo One 2 over the other Shark flip helmets because I had read about the water ingress and scratched visors on the earlier variants, the Evo One 2 seems to get over this problem and the revised mechanism is a clever piece of design, I also like the idea of the chin piece folded all the way back to avoid the sail effect, the disadvantage you mention doesn't bother me in the slightest I've toyed with the idea of a Go Pro but that period has definitely passed :D

The camera was merely a throw away comment as I have managed to mount the camera on the bike for those never ever to be watched hours of tedious “look at these bends” .......

It may not be the wisest move but I use both hands as necessary to close helmet regardless of being in motion or not.

Oh and the comments about field of view and optical quality are valid, Shark have always had above average visor quality

The sales person I spoke to when I returned the helmet mentioned the 2 handed closing requirement but the sales person that sold me the helmet never mentioned this, quite honestly if it requires 2 handed closing it defeats the object and the flexibility of being able to ride with the chin bar raised or lowered, who wants to stop to close the chin bar or risk using 2 hands when on the move?
I chose the Evo One 2 over the other Shark flip helmets because I had read about the water ingress and scratched visors on the earlier variants, the Evo One 2 seems to get over this problem and the revised mechanism is a clever piece of design, I also like the idea of the chin piece folded all the way back to avoid the sail effect, the disadvantage you mention doesn't bother me in the slightest I've toyed with the idea of a Go Pro but that period has definitely passed :D

I found the same issue re closing it before buying...I really wanted it to work, but have taken the evo one 2 off my list now. http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/496843-Blue-tooth-for-Shark-Evo-one-2-flip-helmet

I found the same issue re closing it before buying...I really wanted it to work, but have taken the evo one 2 off my list now. http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/496843-Blue-tooth-for-Shark-Evo-one-2-flip-helmet

My retailer took mine back for repairs and ended up giving my a new one instead, the replacement is miles better than the original and the closing mechanism operates as it should, I am very pleased with the replacement and take it in preference to my other lid which is a Schuberth C3 Pro 99% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom