Anti Hoping function on 2017 r1200 GSA

harebear

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I noticed that when riding on me triple black that sometimes I get the clutch release wrong and the bike kangaroo hops forward i.e. it bounces a couple of times.
I did thing this was odd as I have other bikes and never get this happening and have noticed that in the specs for the Gs is an anti hoping clutch function.
Could this be at fault on my bike and hence causing this symptom of bad clutch control.
I've also notice that the GS does smell odd sometimes, but this being my first GS I thought it was normal.

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Cheers

Hi Everybody,

I noticed that when riding on me triple black that sometimes I get the clutch release wrong and the bike kangaroo hops forward i.e. it bounces a couple of times.
I did thing this was odd as I have other bikes and never get this happening and have noticed that in the specs for the Gs is an anti hoping clutch function.
Could this be at fault on my bike and hence causing this symptom of bad clutch control.
I've also notice that the GS does smell odd sometimes, but this being my first GS I thought it was normal.

Cheers

The anti hop is there as a sort of slipper clutch ie if your entering a fast corner and you need to change down quickly to several lower gears the back end will not lock up , but the clutch in essence slips allowing the revs to rise and the back end to stay stable.

The clutch lever is adjustable if that would help. Most of the time the biggest issue with bikes is the nut holding on the handlebars.

Yes. I have just swapped my 2016 GSA for a new 2018 GSA and I am having similar clutch control issues on the new bike which I never had on the old bike. The clutch biting point seems to vary a lot and not just according to whether the bike is cold or warmed up, which can be a bit buttock clenching on tight uphill hairpins. I'm thinking of taking it back to the dealer

If my bike gave off an odd smell I would be hopping mad, hoping it would go away.

I thought anti-hoping was a strategy to manage WC owners' expectations over the build quality of their bikes...:p

Abandon hope all ye who buy a 1200LC....... Perhaps Dante rode one..

I thought anti-hoping was a strategy to manage WC owners' expectations over the build quality of their bikes...:p

That’s too much to hope for.

Here’s to hoping that the OP can find an extra ‘p’ and satisfy his anti-hop(p)ing quest

Back
Top Bottom