G/S PD tank knee padding

GerryC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Serious long shot but I'm fitting a PD tank to my G/S. Had all the stuff or so I thought but......
The Knee padding turned up a strange conundrum - I have two Rights (51141453923) & no Left (51141453924).
Is there anyone out there with two Lefts?

Meant to attach

Attachments

• PD tank.jpg
    PD tank.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 194
You cant contact the vendor and arrange an exchange - their fault surely?

Last transfer kit I bought they were both the same.
Didn't use them as I made a copy in self adhesive rubber sheet.
So mine are not the original shape, you could achieve the same by trimming yours so that they are both the same.
I doubt if anyone would ever pick them, no one has mine and there are some picky bastards out there!

According to the part numbers you’ve supplied these are not the padding but the black stickers called ‘foil’ on the parts diagram. Easily made out of vinyl sheet for a few pence especially as you have a template!

Yup I did give the wrong part #.
I got the mismatch pair about 10 years ago with the tank off someone on this forum (genuine mistake IMHO) so back to source is not an option.
Did think about bodging the spare Right one but my inner obsessive whatever objected.
I've ordered a left from Germany - if anyone is shy of a right one I might be your man!

Give Gary B a call at BAMW. I was with him yesterday, he's got a box full of (pairs) which are £66 a pair.

Yes its true, Gary S at Bamw-Parts Ltd, has had these items re manufactured in the UK, as a result of the lack of left items available.
I have seen them, he has a box full and I couldn't distinguish them from an original one.
They also tell me, they are in the process of re making the Dakar heat shield for the silencer. !!!!

Back
Top Bottom