Low speed steering.. high speed stability.. passenger buffeting

Hello all I've experienced the same with very low speed stability ie when getting on the train a Folkestone on a GSA and fully loaded we are going to France in July so I am going to try to put a higher pressure in the rear tyre to try to put some more weight on the front tyre

You're going to put more psi in the rear to try and put some weight on the front tyre ??

Hi beaver.
Firstly , if you’re 2 up with luggage it will have light steering. There’s more weight on it and the c of g will be Further back. I find even 1 up with outback trekker luggage on it feels light at the front, it’s to be expected. As for the buffeting, try a givi screen, or a different pillion :p

thanks... already checked... but at 12K if they were loose?...

thanks... already checked... but at 12K if they were loose?...

Well just for beaver went out for a couple of hours spin not much 200 kms but tried all the different settings speed on Autobahn unlimited at 170 kmh with the standard windshield, with and without the little Wunderlich spoiler bought from this parish, final result higher up the screen with spoiler more head movement on the bike, standard GS screen, low as it can go and no spoiler bike rock solid, so its all down to the wind at speed grabbing the screen, and also OP is correct about not strangling the throttle, at slower speeds 120 kmh with screen up high and spoiler still some slight head movement, so no real worries beaver your bike is fine.

Agree... Screen up to try keep us in a bubble made it dance a bit in cross winds... At 100 Mrs B was getting bashed and wagons made it push sideways. Screen on low worked well for stability at speed, but we were both in the air, turbulence...... So did the flipper thing work well or not much difference? so

Agree... Screen up to try keep us in a bubble made it dance a bit in cross winds... At 100 Mrs B was getting bashed and wagons made it push sideways. Screen on low worked well for stability at speed, but we were both in the air, turbulence...... So did the flipper thing work well or not much difference? so

In my opinion flipper will work but will take a bit more figuring out what is the optimal setting.

Hello all I've experienced the same with very low speed stability ie when getting on the train a Folkestone on a GSA and fully loaded we are going to France in July so I am going to try to put a higher pressure in the rear tyre to try to put some more weight on the front tyre

Go for it, Bob.

You will never get great stability at very low speeds, because until the wheels are spinning at a reasonable speed you will not get enough of the gyroscopic effect which helps to keep bikes stable.

I fitted a Puig touring screen with Cymarc braces and the wind protection is really good with little buffeting for either myself or the missus :thumby:

You just get used to the seat. I tried a Sargent, but the seams just dug into my thighs.

60153047e3f3c1391584252c6897996b.jpg

yes.. have some... with silicon bits in... will give them a try... for those longer trips and impressing the ladies ;)

Back
Top Bottom