Lost spare key 2015 te

Luckily im thick skinned and dont entertain simpletons or keyboard ninjas. But for those who did offer some advice i thank you. Truth of the matter was i had my bag stolen of the back of the bike late evening containing the spare key hence trying to get a rough idea to replace....

10 Pager, I bet.

The plastic wallet key is £45.00 incl. vat. I know because i have just had to order one!:D
Just a query on this I thought the plastic key was also coded to start the bike so does this not need programming into the ecu?

Just a query on this I thought the plastic key was also coded to start the bike so does this not need programming into the ecu?

Yes it does. And as has been said elsewhere you need to provide the V5C and driving licence/passport to the supplying dealer before they will part company with it.:thumb

Did they find the scrote yet who stole your bag and has the police shown an interest in going in search for the shithead and did BMW eventually answer the phone when you called about a new key? If so please make it known what the price is as the answers ranged from £45 to £175.

Oh, by the way for future reference, zip tie the bloody spare key somewhere on your bike where you can access it without the need for tools or leave it at home in a place the missus can easily find it should the need arise because of a brain fart on your part or keep it on your person :thumb2 Thick skinned or not but stupidity is easily recognised whether or not it was a simpleton.

i keep fob in trouser pocket and it never comes out.
blank key cut in tankbag for locking topbox, removing seat only
plastic spare coded key on safety pin inside inner jacket pocket thats never used (so unless i lose jacket and trousers i will still get home :)

i keep fob in trouser pocket and it never comes out.
blank key cut in tankbag for locking topbox, removing seat only
plastic spare coded key on safety pin inside inner jacket pocket thats never used (so unless i lose jacket and trousers i will still get home :)

+1 extra Key for panniers sat nav and seats, Fob stays in jacket, and spare plastic one in the wifes jacket, so all chances on my side to get home.

Back
Top Bottom