Lost spare key 2015 te

51257688674 - This is a "non-chipped hard key" used for the bags, seat, GPS $30

51258540952 - Plastic emergency key $60

66128555168 - FOB $242

sometimes i wonder how people survive in the big wide world i really do:D

I think OP is more likely wondering if you have to get it from a main dealer or if like in the car world you can get an aftermarket option for 1/4 of the price

As I understand it the request is for the price of a fully working key with the ability to start the engine, meaning that the bike is a "no-keyless".

I did this about 10 years ago. At that time the price was about twice of a non coded key.
With current prices, that ought to be around £45. I'm sure the dealer will be able to quote the updated price.

As for getting the key, there was no problem. I had to provide the full VIN number and positive identify the correct ownership of the bike. The whole process took about 2 - 3 weeks.

Hi
Could anyone tell me the cost of obtaining a spare key?

Probably in the region of £150-200 if it need to be ECU coded. Otherwise just to lock I lock steering, boxes, sat Nav or seat around £20-25 from any BMW dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity I asked my local dealer what the cost would be for a replacement main key for a 2018 TE.

I was quoted £175

Mike

Well in any case your BMW dealer will need the VIN Number and your passport, as the keys all come from Germany, and this is how it happens here.

Luckily im thick skinned and dont entertain simpletons or keyboard ninjas. But for those who did offer some advice i thank you. Truth of the matter was i had my bag stolen of the back of the bike late evening containing the spare key hence trying to get a rough idea to replace....

Luckily im thick skinned and dont entertain simpletons or keyboard ninjas. But for those who did offer some advice i thank you. Truth of the matter was i had my bag stolen of the back of the bike late evening containing the spare key hence trying to get a rough idea to replace....

45 quid VIN number and passport, go to BMW dealer and sorted.

I can’t answer this myself, but can a dealer reprogramme all your keys to a different (?) so as to effectively make the nicked one redundant and avoid the possibility that someone tries to use it to steal your bike?

You don't entertain simpletons but curious why you didn't just call a dealer and ask instead of an internet forum?

Back
Top Bottom