North Coast 500 report

redsmartie

Reaction score
I returned from doing the NC500 and extended run to Skye and Oban on Saturday and I have now had chance to write up my report.

We had read all the guides and didn't want to go too far off route to all the attractions listed and instead focused on what we could find at the roadside.

I hop you find it useful and if anyone wants to follow our route you can find the GPX files linked to at the bottom of the write up.

You can find it at http://www.redsmartie.com/2018/05/north-coast-500-and-beyond/

Thank you to everyone who helped in our planning (the Navigator V worked flawlessly)

Attachments

• IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 419
Really enjoyed all that.

Thank you for posting

Brilliant, looks like you done it all, apart from Loch Shin, which given the weather you had is excellent, not a fast sweeping but fantastic scenery, interesting decision to head back east then back west again.

My old stomping ground - we had the pub next door to the pie shop in Lochinver (The Caberfeidh) from 2007 to 2014, good write up and great roads and if you go in April the weather is usually good and.... no midges, likewise in Sept / Oct. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom