Thread: Sgt Bilco 2019 USA Anniversary trips

Dream Maker

Sgt Bilco 2019 USA Anniversary trips

2019 is a big old year for me as bizarrely I'm going to be 60. Quite how this has happened so fast is beyond me but there we go. It also coincides with the 10th year of me taking people over to the USA on these brilliant trips.

I will keep on doing these as long as people want to go but I'm going to slow it down a touch as it take a lot of time so I've decided next year will probably be the last time I join two trips together. Going forward, it will be one trip per year. I get a lot of people who can take the time off for a 7/8 weeks away and many on here have done this. It's not possible for everyone but having all that time out there really can be thought of as a "trip of a lifetime". That term gets bandied round too much in my opinion but these trips really do change the way you think about the world.

I've had a good old think about which of five regular trips I do which would work well together and show everyone as much as possible if they wanted to do them together so here in brief is what I will do:

Trip 1: Coast to Coast. A 3 week road trip starting in Norfolk Virginia and finishing in Santa Rosa California. It's a brilliant ride with highlights including The Smokey Mountains, Deals Gap, Jack Daniels Distillery, Pikes Peak, high passes through Colorado, Monument Valley, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, Las Vegas, Death Valley, Bodie, Yosemite, Sequoia, Monterey, PCH and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Approx 5500 glorious miles which would start on Saturday 22nd June 2019 in Norfolk VA and get into Santa Rosa CA on Friday 12th July 2019.

Last trip report here: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...+to+Coast+2017

Trip 2: Pacific North West. A 3 week road trip starting and finishing in Santa Rosa California. Highlights are PCH, Mt St Helens, Seattle, Vancouver, Sea to Sky Hwy to Whistler, Mt Robson, Icefields Parkway, Waterton, Glacier National Park, Yellowstone National Park, Beartooth Pass, Chief Joseph Highway, Cody, Jackson Hole, Sawtooth Mountains, Crater Lake and Lassen National Park.

Approx 5500 miles which would start on Sunday 21st July 2019 in Santa Rosa and get back on Saturday 17th August 2019.

2014 Trip report here: http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthr...fic+North+West

Either of these trips on their own are fantastic but if you join them together, you will see just about everything on your bucket list and ride some superb roads with nothing overlapping. The trips are road so any bike will be fine and we've had everything from Transalps to Gold Wings so it's whatever you are comfy on. I'll probably take the RT on these. As well as those highlights, we visit all sorts of interesting little places which I've found over the years.

They are also perfect to pillions and fairly new riders. You don't have to be a gnarly old ADV rider for these as the mileages etc are sensible. They may challenge you at times but there is nothing wrong with that.

When you see the routes, you will note we pass fairly close to a number of cities but we tend to avoid going into them as the point of these trips is to see the real America. It really is a superb place to visit and our American cousins make you feel very welcome wherever you go. The riding is magnificent, the roads are pothole free, virtually empty and contrary to popular belief, nice a twisty. There are some long straight bits but even these can be realy interesting.

You will notice a week between the trips so if you were to do both, it would be a good opportunity to spend time in a great location and maybe spend a bit of time in San Francisco. I will be loading and unloading containers so no peace for the wicked.

At the end of the first trip, the bikes will be loaded on Monday 15th July. I will then unload the second trip bikes on Wednesday 17th July so they are ready for the start. At the end of the second trip, I will load the bikes on Monday 19th August for home. If you are doing both trips, your bike goes out on one and comes back on two if that makes sense.

The bikes will be shipped with all your gear in containers there and back so allow four weeks either end of your trip for bike transport. You can travel with hand luggage only and both ends of the trip have great connections to the airports.

I also book all the motels along the way, sort insurance etc etc so you basically fly in and off we go. At the end of the trip, drop your bike off and I do the rest.

It may seem a long way off but time will fly by so anyone interested, please PM me your email address and I'll get details to you.

These shipping dates are ideal for anyone who is riding the TAT so I can ship your bike there and back. Also, I can ship bikes in these containers if you want to do your own thing and happy to help with routes etc.
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

mechanical buffoon Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The Wirral - where the nice people live... Or Manila.. where i work in online gaming
    Very, very tempted....
    luvvin it
    paypal.me/newboy

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Blog Entries
    How much would a trip like this cost as a ball park figure all in, trip 1 for example?

Say little, observe all spectator. Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    ....It may seem a long way off but time will fly by so anyone interested, please PM me your email address and I'll get details to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    How much would a trip like this cost as a ball park figure all in, trip 1 for example?
    Hope this helps Bungy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul G (BHT) View Post
    Hope this helps Bungy
    About as helpful as a dogshit eyewash.

USA 2019

Hi Chris ,
    Have sent you PM

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
    Hi Chris ,
    Have sent you PM
    You have one back West Country
    www.unchainedtours.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Bilco View Post
    You have one back West Country
    Made me laugh that

Blimey...good memories you lot !!
    I blame that Skygod . Probably delirious when he had his gout !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    About as helpful as a dogshit eyewash.
    What a lovely expression!
    We will never be here again - have a good look around

Dream Maker
    A couple of pics from the 2014 trip to Yellowstone to wet the appetite ......

Man sized Montana Steaks...

Mark and Jo enjoying the ride....

A little bimble on the PCH.....

A Canadian Lake log jam..........

The gorgeous Mt St Helens....

Glacial river at Athabasca falls on the Icefields Parkway

PMvern enjoying life...

Glacier National Park.....

Beartooth Pass

Chief Joseph Highway. Possibly the most scenic road on the planet......

Old cowboy town near Cody....

A waterfall in Yellowstone.

www.unchainedtours.com

I was thinking about putting my name down, but those photos have put me right off!
    Poor views, poor weather, whats to see?
    Pm sent.
    to hide a leaf first find a forest

http://www.visitguernsey.com

Dream Maker
    All

I'll have an informal presentation up at Adventure Bike Warehouse in Manchester on Saturday 23rd June from 1pm.

We'll discuss these trip and also I'll have some details of next years South America trip.

Skygod will lay on his usual array of fine food and copious amounts of tea and coffee so have a ride over and see what's happening.
    www.unchainedtours.com

I'd absolutely love to do a trip like this - sadly getting even a week away from work is hard going never-mind 8.

Please do take a shed load of pix and post ride reports.

One day

pm sent, and must agree with Bem, crap photos and the weather looking decidedly dodgy.