New Husqvarna FE 350 replaces my Honda CRF250L

tPIC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi All - I have just taken delivery of this wonderful looking machine to take over trail riding duties from my Honda CRF250L. The Honda has provided faultless service over the past 6 months but I was craving something more light-weight bike for the trails.

So far all riding impressions are good. I've got to get used to the dirt-bike maintenance schedule - the Honda had a 6,000 mile service interval whereas this has a 15 hour oil-change regime.. :eek: and it's very tall.

27334439667_1759e16a28_c.jpg

28332709578_8b11209836_c.jpg

27334437207_35fa73688f_c.jpg

looks great now take it racing, its just made all your local trails seem so easy . you will be looking for harder thing to do . enjoy

It's just white KTM with a proper rear suspension linkage ;)

Fixed for you! :p

No, the rising tide is white and blue! :)

Seems to be that way, as you get all the nice extras included in the price without the need to pay extra for a six days

So far all riding impressions are good. I've got to get used to the dirt-bike maintenance schedule - the Honda had a 6,000 mile service interval whereas this has a 15 hour oil-change regime.. :eek: and it's very tall.]

I replaced my WR250F with one of these and just love it. Really well built with great engine and plush suspension? My dealer reckoned that for trail riding use you could easily push the service intervals out to 20 hours with no problems. It's a pretty simple job to do oil and filter changes though.

A lovely looking bike, enjoy riding it. I'm off to Limousin for a few days of falling off on mine tonight :beerjug:

Enjoying it so far. Had a great day on Salisbury Plain last week and it was so much more nimble than my CRF and in most situations that made me far more confident. Still fell off mind you.

First oil and filter change done. I’ll do the next at +15 hours and see what the oil looks like but hope to push that out to 20 for subsequent changes.

It’s certainly not as solid as the Honda. The right side panel is melting, the number plate hanger got caught on the tyre under compression and ripped itself out, the rear indicators have been flooded with dirty water and bulbs blown. That’s in 10 hours / 250 miles. The Honda had done 3000 miles without a single hiccup. They’re so different.

Enjoying it so far. Had a great day on Salisbury Plain last week and it was so much more nimble than my CRF and in most situations that made me far more confident. Still fell off mind you.

First oil and filter change done. I’ll do the next at +15 hours and see what the oil looks like but hope to push that out to 20 for subsequent changes.

It’s certainly not as solid as the Honda. The right side panel is melting, the number plate hanger got caught on the tyre under compression and ripped itself out, the rear indicators have been flooded with dirty water and bulbs blown. That’s in 10 hours / 250 miles. The Honda had done 3000 miles without a single hiccup. They’re so different.

Have you still got your 350 ? Any problems? Happy with the swap from your crf ?

Yes, I still have the 350. I've put about 1100 miles / 45 hours on it over the year and am enjoying it a lot. I've been keeping up the maintenance schedule which I actually quite enjoy.

Things I'm really liking - low weight, ground clearance, suspension, plenty of power
Things I'm not liking - the stock seat is so hard, I'm aware it's very nick-able

Overall - very happy to have swapped. It seems to suit my riding and level of experience pretty well and I'm sure that it could keep me interested for years.

I have recently bought myself a Seat Concepts seat. Not done that much distance on it so far but already I can tell that it is a massive improvement. As you say, it's pricey but I was really struggling on the oem seat - to the extent I was losing feeling in my extremities..

Gave her an interim ownership refresh. Gone stealth 🥷

Attachments

• 18F6B20F-A8F3-45F6-80D3-7F61EABCE74F.jpg
    18F6B20F-A8F3-45F6-80D3-7F61EABCE74F.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 1,926
I have a 2017 FE350 that replaced a DRZ400S, the DR was a decent bike and weighed less than the CRF250L, but I found the FE a lot easier to ride on the trickier (for my shit skill level) stuff.

I actually like the stock bodywork, looks nice compared to the OTT KTM graphics, with indicators, reflector and legal number plate it does not attract plod attention, approached when stopped in a group by the feds, they walked around all the other bikes and almost entirely ignored mine - was waiting for the complaint about small plates on the others, but they were OK and moved on.

I recently had RSS rework the suspension and its amazing now, that was both ends, bladder conversion on shock and additional low speed compression adjuster on forks, so much more comfortable on rough stuff, cost £500 front and back including collection and delivery.

A mate is about to buy a 250L brand new, I keep telling him that within 6 months he will be after more power and less weight, another friend started with a 250L and soon ended up flogging it to get something lighter and with more ZAP.

I think many fear the 15 hour service, but mine only clocks about 4 hours on a day out and less than 2 on an Enduro fun day so its only 2 oil changes a year for me, the service schedule has to take into account bikes that live in the 1st 3 gears n the redline, so I am happy to stretch to @20 hours and even if I have to put a piston in it will be after about 5 years use and its not a big / expensive job - works out great value compared to having the weight / performance deficit of the 250L....

...Although the 250L's are bloody cheap if you're on a tight budget.

Back
Top Bottom