GSA LC front wheel bearings

When it comes to bearings you don't need a partnumber.

In the provided links you can see that the bearing has the dimension: 20 x 47 x 14, and the seal is 25 x 47 x 7.

Bring these numbers to your supplier and ask for a doubled sealed bearing, and a regular seal.

But honestly, for £20 quids I would have taken the first chance I got to get a set of bearings and seals. I don't know how much Your time is worth, but I find it silly to spend several hours to save potentially £5 quids.

The mentioned dimensions are in use all over, and the nearest machine shop or garage will probably have some on their shelves.

A quick search on ebay shows:

Bearing:
6204-2RS,
6204 refers to the size, 2RS means 2 Rubber Seals.

As for the seal:
SKF 25 x 47 x 7 shows SKF number 692320.

Because of the industry I’m in, I know several bearing suppliers. If I had the part number I could potentially source parts locally. Thanks for your constructive assistance. 🤦*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pal, you say your too tight yourself. If you’re in the industry then you’ll know about buying cheap crap parts. 🤦*♂️

New, reliable LC engines don’t use oil at same rate as old, stinky oil/air cooled models so you can get much more than 100k between oil changes.

Front wheel bearings in WC are shite though
Never had to change a front wheel bearing in an older GS

Pal, you say your too tight yourself. If you’re in the industry then you’ll know about buying cheap crap parts. 🤦*♂️

Can’t remember saying I was looking for crap parts. Quite the opposite actually. Paying 20 quid over the web doesn’t guarantee getting 20 quids worth of bearing. Armed with the correct facts and data, I’m confident I can source better quality for less outlay......oh and I am tight.

i once asked Steptoe what bearing numbers were for front of my 1150 , he said he had never put any in ! mine has now done 100k miles ...and still hasn't had any .

Hidden features and penny pinching accountants, it all adds up for their greedy pockets..............cnuts but are any other brands any different

No I agree
I have had 20 year old 11 GS and big miles without the need for front wheel bearings

i once asked Steptoe what bearing numbers were for front of my 1150 , he said he had never put any in ! mine has now done 100k miles ...and still hasn't had any .

How times have changed. 26k and I can’t even blame gratuitous power washer use.

Just had a look at the numbers on the ones I took out

Bearings NTN 6204 LU

Seals DGS 25.47.7/01
DGS 30.47.7/01

And if I had jet washed mine a bit more they might have lasted longer, my seals where just totally full of salt and had eaten most of the rubber away
:blast

Hope this helps

Bearings NTN 6204 LU

Seals DGS 25.47.7/01
DGS 30.47.7/01

And if I had jet washed mine a bit more they might have lasted longer, my seals where just totally full of salt and had eaten most of the rubber away

Hope this helps

Seem to be a decent bearing

Bearings NTN 6204 LU

Seals DGS 25.47.7/01
DGS 30.47.7/01

Hope this helps

Thanks.

After all that, the bearings are covered by my extended warranty. No doubt the info will come in handy when this set also fail. Thanks lads for your input.
Off to the dealer I go.....wonder what shiny temptress they have awaiting...

After all that, the bearings are covered by my extended warranty. No doubt the info will come in handy when this set also fail. Thanks lads for your input.
Off to the dealer I go.....wonder what shiny temptress they have awaiting...

Free coffee

Back
Top Bottom