GSA LC front wheel bearings

dazcall

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m in need of a pair of front wheel bearings. I’ve sourced them at motoworks and also asked my local stealer for a price. I doubt they’ll be cheaper than motoworks and they want 20 quid. I’m far too tight to happily spend 20 quid so......as I haven’t yet took the wheel out and won’t be until I’ve sourced replacements, can someone here tell me the bearing part number??? I have a motoworks part number but that’s only relevant to them and a google search doesn’t enlighten me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you kidding, £20 for a pair of wheel bearings. How tight are you?

You could buy the precision made quality bearings, or you could save some money and buy some cheap shit Chinese bearings, and probably save yourself £10. But then if they don’t collapse after a short while they will certainly wear out in half the time.

I don’t suppose it’ll matter too much, because if you’re that tight then you won’t put any fuel in the bike and then not have to ride it, so your cheap bearings could last longer.

You could probably save some money by bringing the old bearings to a supplier. But why would you. Motorworks have the correct bearings for you at a reasonable price. They have already helped you so why not give them the business? You never know when you might need them again. JJH

Simply bearings when you find out the size pay them a visit.

I’m in need of a pair of front wheel bearings. I’ve sourced them at motoworks and also asked my local stealer for a price. I doubt they’ll be cheaper than motoworks and they want 20 quid. I’m far too tight to happily spend 20 quid so......as I haven’t yet took the wheel out and won’t be until I’ve sourced replacements, can someone here tell me the bearing part number??? I have a motoworks part number but that’s only relevant to them and a google search doesn’t enlighten me.

Price below is for 2 replacement bearings in USD so expect the same in UK pounds

36 31 8 534 835 GROOVED BALL BEARING - 20X47X14 0.24 2 $23.47

A look at motorworks site for bearings , see what else uses same bearing then a quick google. Answer in less than a minute.
6204-2rsh. I would ch3ck first tho.

The other option is to remove wheel and see what it says on the bearing.

Are you kidding, £20 for a pair of wheel bearings. How tight are you?

You could buy the precision made quality bearings, or you could save some money and buy some cheap shit Chinese bearings, and probably save yourself £10. But then if they don’t collapse after a short while they will certainly wear out in half the time.

I don’t suppose it’ll matter too much, because if you’re that tight then you won’t put any fuel in the bike and then not have to ride it, so your cheap bearings could last longer.

Because of the industry I’m in, I know several bearing suppliers. If I had the part number I could potentially source parts locally. Thanks for your constructive assistance. 🤦*♂️

You could probably save some money by bringing the old bearings to a supplier. But why would you. Motorworks have the correct bearings for you at a reasonable price. They have already helped you so why not give them the business? You never know when you might need them again. JJH

Might just do that but I’m currently after a bearing number so I can search locally.

A look at motorworks site for bearings , see what else uses same bearing then a quick google. Answer in less than a minute.
6204-2rsh. I would ch3ck first tho.

The other option is to remove wheel and see what it says on the bearing.

Cheers

Save a penny pay a pound later, hope OP does not do oil changes every 100,000 miles.............:augie

New, reliable LC engines don’t use oil at same rate as old, stinky oil/air cooled models so you can get much more than 100k between oil changes.

I changed mine last month, I just took the bearings and both the plastic caps as there different to Bearing Services LTD and they had them on the shelf £20 with both covers
I have the old ones to get numbers from but have left them in work, can get you them Monday if needed but there a standard size
To be honest I did phone both my local BM dealers first and they had non in stock, and was told there about £15 each plus the covers with he didn't have the price for

I changed mine last month, I just took the bearings and both the plastic caps as there different to Bearing Services LTD and they had them on the shelf £20 with both covers
I have the old ones to get numbers from but have left them in work, can get you them Monday if needed but there a standard size
To be honest I did phone both my local BM dealers first and they had non in stock, and was told there about £15 each plus the covers with he didn't have the price for

If you could send me the numbers, that would be great. No rush as I’m away all this week and the bike isn’t with me. ☹️
Thanks.

If you could send me the numbers, that would be great. No rush as I’m away all this week and the bike isn’t with me. ☹️
Thanks.

Are you wanting the BMW part numbers or the aftermarket numbers? In post 14 I provided you a link to the BMW part numbers

Are you wanting the BMW part numbers or the aftermarket numbers? In post 14 I provided you a link to the BMW part numbers

Ideally I’d like to get a part number from one that has been removed.....just covering all angles.

Ideally I’d like to get a part number from one that has been removed.....just covering all angles.

Well you have the link to the stock part numbers anyway in post 14. Real oem is a great site for all part numbers

Back
Top Bottom