Unreliable piece of crap...

Deleted account 210604001

Reaction score
Clearly not.

Not my 899 but a Jessika Posa's in the US, no engine work other than a head gasket and an abs unit (and yes it's in miles). This for a sports bike thats faster (to 60) than the Duc V4.

RBW.

28486968248_5fdd9b5ac4_m.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&set=p.10216192180348120&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Mines coming up to 30k just be aware that the desmo service will be due (every 15k), and that with a chain and sprockets will cost the thick end of £1k.

How much are they after for it ?

They are the best bikes in the world though :) .

RBW

Ah well, it was good while it lasted. The bike lasted 83,000 miles until it was crashed by Jessika, a cut and paste from the 899 forum from Jessika below with an image link below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ACaqGDc83DssJZ62exA7YPHs0zDOyLrb/view

"Update to this - Had the valves checked and adjusted again at 80k (I pushed the 15k to 20k). Shortly thereafter around 83,000 miles (Sept 2, 2018), the bike met it's demise and was totalled out--I got away with some road rash and broke my tibia in 2 spots and fibula in 2, both spiral fractures. I bought another 899 with 8,300 miles and plan to keep riding. In fact, I rode into work 7 weeks (to the day) of the accident

If the auction doesn't go too high, I'm going to try and buy it back for a track bike.

Onward and upward!"

most reliable bikes ive owned..not one issue

Pah … that's nowt. It's just cost me a shade under £2200 to recommission my SP5 :tears

Thats a big bill, be interested what is done other than the obvious (e.g. a big full service with belts). Bet you can't beat it on a nice summers day though, got a pic ?

Had my 30K service last month, £1200, but it should be done now for the next 15K apart from an oil service barring any issues. Longest I've ever kept a bike, and the highest mileage.

RBW

Thats a big bill, be interested what is done other than the obvious (e.g. a big full service with belts). Bet you can't beat it on a nice summers day though, got a pic ?

Full Desmo service including belts, plugs, fuel/air/oil filters, C&S kit, 2 x tyres, brake fluids, clutch slave & fluid, battery & MOT

This was taken on the day I picked it up

PA190001.jpg

I've mistakenly costed in the pair of wing mirrors I bought in to the service so the cost of recommissioning was actually sub £2k :augie

Back
Top Bottom