PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Word to ya farther

Did he buy an air hawk for the return or did he buy a plane ticket

How long was the corphew crossing

Kalimera

Rambler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Writing has commenced, meantime make yourselves comfortable with the featurette before the main showing. Please do not rustle your crisp packets or slurp your slush puppies at unsociable levels of noise

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

I'm in....

Reality you can rely on...
    Quote Originally Posted by barak666 View Post
    I'm in....
    Me too... I could really do with another good RR, 'cos I'm getting 'cabin fever' staying at home, while my lad does his GCSE's.

Harley Davidson Softail (1989).

BMW R 1150 GS (2003).

'What I'm out for is a good time,

All the rest is propaganda!'

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Don’t get too excited just yet. At this rate we won’t see anything for another month or so!

Rambler Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Well, we’re here again

Firstly a bit of background.

Since I finished up the original rambles back in what seems like years ago now my 2009 GS Adventure has mostly sat trapped under a cover with the main purposes of being a leaning point for a flymo and a place to safely store cushions for patio chairs. Which is, as most of you will well I’m sure tell me, quite rightly, a waste and to the point of being a crime. Keeping a bike on optimate life support for god knows months on end is pretty poor form.
    But hey, I think that’s me. I love to ride, when I’m riding there seems little better, but I’m happy to close the door of the garage and disappear off to do something else and that something else can take months. Maybe I’m not alone - I felt a bit odd when recently someone described me to someone else as ‘a big biker’. Was that big as in size, or big as in big into it? I dunno. I can’t dispute the big bit size wise I suppose, but anyway.

Hmmm. Second thoughts perhaps that isn’t quite fair. The GS has faced the odd outing, every now and then, and the odd trip here and there. I do also have a K1600 in the garage and I headed away for ten days or so on that last September, on what was intended being a look around Brittany, but thanks to crappy weather and the ability of the big K to achieve warp speed whilst you can do soduko puzzles turned into a pleasant drift over the Pyrenees to see an as yet unexplored by me Catalonia.
    For the GS, things culminated in last years’ catastrophic ramble failure in Portugal which abruptly ended in my arrival home by Ryanair, with (after several arguments with Carole Nash) a broken bike being delivered some weeks later by some smiley happy tanned bloke towing a trailer with his very flash and comfortable sleeper converted motorcycle transport van. His sole purpose was that to collect and redistribute bikes of various sad sacks and losers (i.e. me) whose awesome steeds had punctuated their foreign expedition with a trip to the armco, and were brought home lashed together, or like mine, which had just decided that it’d had well enough.

Setting aside the comedic end to the last trip I’ve formed an attachment with my 2009 1200 Adventure MU. It has been a super bike and a bike that simply works for me. I think the new ones look great but I don’t feel the need for that extra performance- I just don’t felt the need for it in a GS and the 1200 Hexhead for me just does it all. I’ve resisted a ride on a new one, I just don’t want to know what its like.
    So there you are. I’m a luddite. An old GS riding middle aged CAMRA member.

So what of me. Some more information, if you’re interested. If you’re not, feel free to skip forward for the bike, scenery, food and beer pictures. After the Portugal ramble last summer and the various shenanigans I decided that I wanted to take a bit more time away from work. My mum had been ill for a time and my dad also had been struggling for a while; there were a few things I also wanted to do for me, and to cap it all off was once again getting pretty nauseated with working in the City of London. The Portugal trip outcome sort made my mind up.
    Truth be told, after the original rambles where I took 534 days off between jobs, it is probably fair to say I never could get back into that kind of work ‘proper’. Yes, I was very committed, working bloody stupid hours, which was pretty much the requirement at the level I was at, but I never had much passion for it, which I did earlier, and for the best part of the five years back holidays seemed like television commercial breaks. Taking extended time off at the age of 40 and then going back into the same environment, in summary, is not recommended.
    So in September I resigned. My company countered with the offer of a six month sabbatical, which it seemed silly not to accept, but in my heart I knew it would take a serious change of mind for me to go back, which ultimately never materialised.

In late October last year I was in touch with Brian, aka ballistic of this parish, to shoot the breeze about a potential trip for 2018. He’s now retired, so with time not pressing, another ramble was being concocted

Dream Maker
    And we're off.....
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

Don't forget the beetroot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12