Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Telepeage badge topEurop

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    So, I've been to Spain, Portugal and very briefly, France.

The APRR tag worked in Spain where you get confirmation by the barrier going up - just approach slowly and you won't have to stop. There was one toll where it did not work, the motorway around San Sebastian as you approach France. That may have been me using the wrong lane as the traffic was heavy.

I have no idea if it worked in Portugal as there are no barriers. They use ANPR so as detailed above, I have my bike reg. no. registered on the website.

None of the transactions have appeared in my account yet but someone above states May transactions were billed at the end of June, so it may take a while for the Spanish & Portuguese systems to rationalise with the French one.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

and there it is, a September statement showing I used the toll road on 2 days in Portugal on my trip for a cost of €8.41 plus a €2 management fee.

in some places in Portugal there are no cash/card payment options so I can heartily recommend an APRR Iberia account. Just make sure you have the correct vehicle registered as they use ANPR not the tag in Portugal.

I also recommend using the motorways in urban areas e.g. large parts of the road from Porto to Via Real, take the A4 not the parallel non-motorway road. Their tourist roads in the national parks are very good but their everyday roads for the local peasants are in a very poor condition and you end up going from settlement to settlement with very low speed limits on some very bumpy surfaces.

As the A4 goes over the tops of valleys you get some spectacular views.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Madam Trixies House of ill repute somewhere on the outskirts of Doncaster
    I found the Spanish part of the bill took a week or so longer to be processed and appear onto my bill, but it was accurate unlike the 480 mile leg I did from Millau to Roye on the Somme, as 3 sections where billed classe 1, but once I contacted them they rectified it saving me around 37 euro.

Good update from Wessie on the advisability of having the tag and on which roads to chose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12