Broken down in Donaghadee .

Geno

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Waiting on recovery vehicle. Out on the Wing , first in few weeks. Ran rough then died and won't stay running. Bad fuel ⛽️? Put petrol in 10 mins earlier . ?? Faulty battery?? Any other thoughts on what it might be . ? Many Thanks. Geno .

Waiting on recovery vehicle. Out on the Wing , first in few weeks. Ran rough then died and won't stay running. Bad fuel ⛽️? Put petrol in 10 mins earlier . ?? Faulty battery?? Any other thoughts on what it might be . ? Many Thanks. Geno .

Check battery connectors not became loose

First thing I did, took off all the connections that were on it . Sat Nav and battery lead .

You filled it with diesel?

No diesel, I know that for sure. Bike in garage , £50 to get her home . Was thinking it might have been more. Fuel filter ?? Bike on charge, ran great at higher revs then just died and wouldn't start . Any ideas ?? How do I clean carbs ?? It's a 1500 Goldwing. Many Thanks again, Geno .

No diesel, I know that for sure. Bike in garage , £50 to get her home . Was thinking it might have been more. Fuel filter ?? Bike on charge, ran great at higher revs then just died and wouldn't start . Any ideas ?? How do I clean carbs ?? It's a 1500 Goldwing. Many Thanks again, Geno .

Were there any running problems prior to the Failure??

If there were not? Due to the fact you were fuelling just prior would lead me to suspect the fuel source!

Can you hear the fuel pump clicking? If not I would address that first then

I would drain the fuel after the fuel pump Geno

AND the float bowls too

Stick a gallon of fresh super unleaded in

If you have the patience pull the plugs and double check if they are soaking if they are set them on a camping stove and heat them till they dry out /smoke

And then try it

Come back to us with the follow up

An old chums Wing calved unexpectedly when we were in France. It just died and wouldn’t start. Turned out the rect/reg failed and drained the battery.

Story so far , put the charger on last night, within a few hours she started, didn't let her run . Started her this evening, started first push of button. Ran till she was fully warmed up . Then I say the red charge light was on , when revved it stayed red . Checked battery,12.7 off , 11.8 running. So have I a dodgy battery or alternator. Any thoughts. ??

Story so far , put the charger on last night, within a few hours she started, didn't let her run . Started her this evening, started first push of button. Ran till she was fully warmed up . Then I say the red charge light was on , when revved it stayed red . Checked battery,12.7 off , 11.8 running. So have I a dodgy battery or alternator. Any thoughts. ??

Easiest way to find out, get a new battery, at the best you will have a new battery, and happy days, if it is not the battery, then alternator needs checking

Checked battery,12.7 off , 11.8 running. So have I a dodgy battery or alternator. Any thoughts. ??

More likely alternator its just behind the left side fairing

If you take it off You could take it over to Frazer Auto Electrics at Maze I take all my alternators and starters there for the last 30 years

It looks wuite like the old standard Lucas alternators of the 80s and spares should be available

Have ordered a new alternator, coming next week from the States . Battery is holding charge on charger . Will let you know how it goes. Was out on the GS , it's very different.

Back
Top Bottom