Best way to connect BMW Navigator 6, Sena SR10 and Cardo Packtalk

Wobble

Hugh Janus
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is there a reccomenned way to be able to pair my Nav 6 to get audio prompts for navigation whilst still being able to use the SR10 for radio chat ?

I use the radio for British Cycling NEG work, and normally have the Nav with no audio as routes are often marked, but in a few weeks am doing a smaller RBL ride where there are no route markings.

I rode the 78 mile route yesterday to familiarise myself, but it’s a twisty-turny route so would like audio prompts.

The SR10 can act like a hub, and I did get it to pair with Nav6 eventually and all seemed to work, but when I restarted it the connection between SR10 and Nav6 kept failing.

The Packtalk has two bluetooth channels, and am wondering if this is a better way, (one channel to Nav and the other to SR10).

The current setup with SR10 to Packtalk has been great so far, and does give me the ability to swap out the Packtalk during a ride if any issues and plug and play.

If you use your Packtalk two channel approach you may keep being told by the Nav that the SR 10 wants to connect. V annoying on my navV.

Remember the SR10 also has two Bluetooth channels so you could try setting up your radio link as normal (blue led on mine) and then pair the Nav6 with t’other channel (red led). Never tried this myself so can’t say for certain.

I took the Nav and gearoff the bike, and brought it in to play

The setup is how I had it before, and when the radio brings the Bluetooth channel up, and then the radio stops, the Nav can be hard for a while (10-20sec) then even though the Nav is outputting a sound, the Bluetooth channel drops.

So followed the process on this video https://youtu.be/VLjLiG8RS3M and seem to get both sat Nav and SR10 providing audio at the same time.

Have SR10(two way radio) on Packtalk channel 1, then using the instructions on this video, have Nav V on Channel 2 (rolled the wheel to tell Packtalk it was a GPS)

If I can find some time tomorrow or Friday, I’ll try it on the bike as this may be a solution.

Back
Top Bottom