SENA SRL with in ear monitors.

Stevebez

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So I got these Shure SE535 in ear monitors with custom moulding and wondered if it would be worthwhile fitting them into the SRL system. Would require some splicing & soldering in a 3.5mm female plug into the SRL unit but the whole point of speaker in a helmet are a joke. Seriously. The noise you get from the wind overrides any use the helmet mounted headphones provide. Then you wear ear plugs and still cant hear the speakers... unless I am missing the point on motorcycle earplugs??

So to me it seems in ear monitors make the most sense.

Anyone use these ?

Thx Steve

Done the mod real easy, you need some micro jst 1.25mm connectors.Unscrew the cover from the speakers and disconect each speaker attach new leads feed the wires through one of the small holes on each speaker, solder a 3.5mm plug on.
And you can return to standard but just unplugging them in the event of a warranty claim.

connectors are here
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-Pairs...-Wires-80mm-/302670456059?hash=item467890a4fb

any pictures?

Sorry didn't take any while fitting them but I've one of the inside of the speaker housings
Really easy mod to do and totally reversable, you can see the holes where you can push the new connectors through

Back
Top Bottom