Navigate to Waypoint on a different route

vRSG60

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a route loaded onto my Nav V with a certain Waypoint on it. This is not saved as a favourite. I tried to find a way of navigating to this Waypoint in the form of a new route but couldn't figure out if it was possible.
I can find the Waypoint in the original route but no amount of clicking the Waypoint or the 3 bar option gave me the option to save it as a favourite and I can think of no other way to navigate to it.

Unless someone else has an idea.

My memory fades a bit but i thought that all waypoints ended up being saved as favorites.

Any way i seem to recall that when you start the route running so to speak you get the option of where abouts on the route you want to go so you shoul be able to specify that pparticular way point

Did you create the route / waypoint in Garmin software, ie. BaseCamp or Mapsource? If so, which?

How did you send the Waypoint from your computer (PC or Mac?) to your GPS device?

If you created the route outside of BaseCamp or Mapsource, which software did you use?

My memory fades a bit but i thought that all waypoints ended up being saved as favorites.

Any way i seem to recall that when you start the route running so to speak you get the option of where abouts on the route you want to go so you shoul be able to specify that pparticular way point

All the wps on my (admittedly old and wheezy Garmin) are saved as favourites. Open up, choose the favorite, navigate to it. Easy peasy.

Did you create the route / waypoint in Garmin software, ie. BaseCamp or Mapsource? If so, which?

How did you send the Waypoint from your computer (PC or Mac?) to your GPS device?

If you created the route outside of BaseCamp or Mapsource, which software did you use?

Created in Basecamp. Sent to my Nav V using Basecamp.

All the wps on my (admittedly old and wheezy Garmin) are saved as favourites. Open up, choose the favorite, navigate to it. Easy peasy.

OK I'll take another look. Didn't see it Favourites maybe I didn't look hard enough.

As you did everything through BaseCamp, the waypoint(s) should appear automatically in your favourites. Similarly, you get an option what data you want to send. Waypoints come through by default. Are you sure you didn’t make the waypoint an unannounced shaping point, which won’t appear in favourites?

Report back when you’ve looked again, please.

I did exactly this thing the other night. As far as I know (as has been said) all announced waypoints - not shaping points - are saved in favourites. In fact, once there they stay there even if you delete the route.

I have a route loaded onto my Nav V with a certain Waypoint on it. This is not saved as a favourite. I tried to find a way of navigating to this Waypoint in the form of a new route but couldn't figure out if it was possible.
I can find the Waypoint in the original route but no amount of clicking the Waypoint or the 3 bar option gave me the option to save it as a favourite and I can think of no other way to navigate to it.

Unless someone else has an idea.

Try this:

Where To?
Favourites (heart symbol on RH side)
All Favourites

On my Nav V this shows all of the waypoints that are stored with my routes. Then just select the waypoint and it will calculate a route (fastest/shortest etc)

Nope. My waypoints aren’t stored in Favourites. Happen as well , there’d be hundreds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom