Pinlock Visor Screens

Just wondering, are you sure your glasses are up to date with your eyesight, no dis respect in saying that, but some people keep the same glasses for years but their eyesight goes downhill a tad.

Up to date, thanks.

It's easy to see what I mean by holding the helmet in your hand and looking at some text with and without pinlock - to my eyes it's clearer without.

A word of warning...

I have a Nolan helmet with a pinlock insert and do not have any problems with , great at what it's supposed to do..

I also have a Shark Evoline which does not come equipped for a pinlock but does mist up quite badly, so got some anti-mist wipes and started to apply then to the inside of the visor. Lo and behold, unknown to me there is some sort of anti mist coating on the visor which now starts to come off with the wipes, one f**ked visor and £70 for a replacement :eek::eek:

A word of warning...

I have a Nolan helmet with a pinlock insert and do not have any problems with , great at what it's supposed to do..

I also have a Shark Evoline which does not come equipped for a pinlock but does mist up quite badly, so got some anti-mist wipes and started to apply then to the inside of the visor. Lo and behold, unknown to me there is some sort of anti mist coating on the visor which now starts to come off with the wipes, one f**ked visor and £70 for a replacement :eek::eek:

Now that is some top info.........:clap:clap

................... i dont need the pinlock in this one so i can move it into my clear visor which i carry just in case it ever gets dark when i am out

I *think* they only work with the dedicated visor Rick? Don't the visors have a recess moulded into them that the piclock seal fits into (making the pinlock virtually flush with the visor)? Al least, that's my understanding......

I have a Bell lid fitted with one of their race visors which is a good 2-3mm thick and it has the same as well as a water repellent coating on the outside. I don't know what the hell they do to the visor to achieve this but 4 years on and both coatings still do exactly what they say on the tin ~ I've never had a visor like it before or since, it's brilliant :thumb2

Re the OP, I wear glasses and have been using Fogcity's then Pinlocks since the early days so maybe I'm just used to them but I honestly notice no difference between my helmets that have them fitted and those that don't other than a slight (but not a problem) fuzziness on lights at night time. The advantages far outweigh that as an issue though.

Andres

I *think* they only work with the dedicated visor Rick? Don't the visors have a recess moulded into them that the piclock seal fits into (making the pinlock virtually flush with the visor)? Al least, that's my understanding......

I have a Bell lid fitted with one of their race visors which is a good 2-3mm thick and it has the same as well as a water repellent coating on the outside. I don't know what the hell they do to the visor to achieve this but 4 years on and both coatings still do exactly what they say on the tin ~ I've never had a visor like it before or since, it's brilliant :thumb2

Re the OP, I wear glasses and have been using Fogcity's then Pinlocks since the early days so maybe I'm just used to them but I honestly notice no difference between my helmets that have them fitted and those that don't other than a slight (but not a problem) fuzziness on lights at night time. The advantages far outweigh that as an issue though.

Andres

My understanding too

To be clear ( see what i did there ) the pinlock that is currently in my dark visor ( standard Arai) will go into the standard clear visor as the one in there is knackered. The new visor has it all built in so it wont need a pinlock insert so I can carry my clear visor for if it gets dark complete with pinlock and the dark visor for posing and looking very cool.

We shall see

Nofuck tiger can fuck off some more !

I find the device useless on my helmet it fogs up the same as my non pin lock helmet as do my glasses unless I’m running highway speeds.

I was going to ask the same question as Smogbog, as to which helmet, I run mainly with a Neotec and pinlock and glasses but don't have any problem with clear vision, however I did remove the pinlock from my Tour X4 for the same reason, and I put it down to the much sharper curve to the tour x visor causing the distortion, but not on the Neotec's?

If its from a Shoei approved dealer is it worth popping back in and telling them, always a chance you have a duff pinlock insert I suppose?

I was going to ask the same question as Smogbog, as to which helmet, I run mainly with a Neotec and pinlock and glasses but don't have any problem with clear vision, however I did remove the pinlock from my Tour X4 for the same reason, and I put it down to the much sharper curve to the tour x visor causing the distortion, but not on the Neotec's?

If its from a Shoei approved dealer is it worth popping back in and telling them, always a chance you have a duff pinlock insert I suppose?

Yep given the price he paid, could be worth a trip

Neotec and pinlock for me never had an issue regarding fogging or restricted vision :thumb2

And for Rick and the Hippy :dabone

I find the device useless on my helmet it fogs up the same as my non pin lock helmet as do my glasses unless I’m running highway speeds.
Worse than useless, when the inside of the pinlock mists up no amount of fresh air will clear it.

Stop, remove pinlock, clear visor, throw pinlock into the verge, continue journey.

If you want mine its somewhere on the D683 couple of km west of Baumes-les-Dames. Knock yerself out.

Worse than useless, when the inside of the pinlock mists up no amount of fresh air will clear it.

Stop, remove pinlock, clear visor, throw pinlock into the verge, continue journey.

If you want mine its somewhere on the D683 couple of km west of Baumes-les-Dames. Knock yerself out.
Hold your breath; 8 minutes should do it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The Pinlock visor will eventually lose its pressure on the visor so the seals may not seal properly. The way to see if its buggered is to get a sheet of paper and if you can slide it through the edge at any point its broken. You can take the insert off, try and straighten it out to make it seal, or you could try moving the pins slightly to make it tighter, the pins are on a camber so you can loosen and tighten the seal slightly. If the seal doesn't seal properly, then a new insert is needed. If its misting inside the seals are broken.

Never had a problem with pinlock inserts in any of my helmets.

Spend some time learning how to fit them so they seal corectly and then leave them alone is the best way to avoid problems and scratches.

Never fit them in a warm room or moisture in the trapped warm air will fog the insert up everytime you go outside in to the cold. This is a mistake lots of people make and then blame the insert seal when the seal is working fine and holding in the moisture.

Back
Top Bottom