Pinlock Visor Screens

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After my long break from riding (15 years) I've come back to visors obscured by a Pinlock anti mist system :confused:.

As a spring/summer rider (so no misting up) all I get from mine is a less than clear daylight view (I read somewhere 80% visibility) so I'm taking mine off to see better.

Any views (no pun intended) on Pinlock visors?

Have you removed the protective film? Used to be clear years ago but I think they may use a colour these days.

Weird I find pinlock awesome, no misting ever

Certainly no misting, but that's not the problem.

This is what I get, as does this reviewer

"And the disadvantages with the Pinlock system include the potential for slight fuzziness in vision due to the way the insert seals on the visor; and the installation (with the DIY kit)."

However, I ride with glasses on, so that's 3 layers to see through,

Sometimes it isn't obvious that it is supposed to be removed.

I've got pinlocks on both Arai, Condor and rx7gp and my system 6. Don't notice it that much to be honest.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this one. I ride with glasses on too although 90% of the time I have my visor up.
When I do drop the visor down I find vision is about 80%, as you say, with a Pinlock fitted.

If you have an arai helmet you could try one of these

https://www.thevisorshop.com/en/Arai-I-Type-Factory-Race-Visor/m-22910.aspx

I am awaiting delivery of mine and my thinking is that i dont need the pinlock in this one so i can move it into my clear visor which i carry just in case it ever gets dark when i am out

so works out cheaper than a new visor and pinlock which is a bonus

I'm with you on this one. I ride with glasses on too although 90% of the time I have my visor up.
When I do drop the visor down I find vision is about 80%, as you say, with a Pinlock fitted.

Interesting as op says must be the 3 layers, however when I ride with the sunscreen down in the Schuberth and visor down, I see no distortion, maybe its the thickness of the glasses lenses that must have something to do with it, and that would be logical.

It's as if you're looking through a veil if you like - a very slight but real lack of sharpness to your view, compared to just a visor.

If as you say you only ride in the summer and don't have any misting problems why don't you just remove the pinlock :nenau

Ride all year around with pinlock and I wear glasses, I have not experienced what you describe. Although when my pinlock seal went I had to ride with it out for a couple of days earlier in the year, bloody nightmare, misting was a massive issue when it was raining. So was glad when I got my new insert.

It's as if you're looking through a veil if you like - a very slight but real lack of sharpness to your view, compared to just a visor.

Just wondering, are you sure your glasses are up to date with your eyesight, no dis respect in saying that, but some people keep the same glasses for years but their eyesight goes downhill a tad.

Back
Top Bottom