Route to Gedinne/Ride Routes Query

bigmo476

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m planning on going to Gedinne in August for the classic TT. A few years ago I did the 4 day Ride mag Luxembourg trip.

If I remember correctly I think there were 2 routes to Luxembourg on day one and we did the slightly longer one that went through Chimay. I was thinking of doing the first part of this route and bastardising it where passes closest to Gedinne (it may have went through there, I can’t remember off the top of my head).

Issue being when I was on the magazine website today it doesn’t seem like the files are still available to be downloaded. Anyone know where I can get them.

Apologies to Wapping in advance.....

I will jump in before Wapping,

So are you asking just for a link to these files (Which may not exist) route suggestions?

Also not sure where you are on about going, Luxembourg is not on the way to Gedinne, or do you mean you went through Gedinne on the way to Luxembourg (or may of done)

If you want the routes I cannot help you.

If you want advice I would need to know how long you have to get to Gedine and where you will be starting from.

Thanks Rasher. A link to the files is what I’m after if it exists.

My intention was to follow the route down initially and cut off to Gedinne as it passes not go all the way to Luxembourg.

Starting in Calais, time is not an issue we have all day so if anyone has a good route I’d be interested in that.

Thanks again.

Sorted then.

FWIW, I regularly run to and from Luxembourg either as a destination in its own right, or on the way to / from other places. Gedinne is fairly close to Calais and not a lot of great riding on the way unless you take some kind of longer loop to get there.

You could also look up "Route des Legends", there is a nice section from Rocroi to Bouillon that runs a bit further south than you really need to be, but assuming you have time (and weather) on your side this would possibly give you a much nicer ride, maybe a short stop in Bouillon for lunch / coffee and then pick a scenic route from there to Gedinne.

In my experience there is not a huge amount of great riding right out of Calais so I normally take the Motorway until Mons and then head onto the back roads.

If anyone ever needs one of our routes, just email us: ride@ride.co.uk

About half of the routes are on the interractive MotoGoLoco map, so if you know the town we use as the base, you can type that into the search bar and that should find it. If you know the issue in which the route appeared, they're even easier to search for: we use a TLA (three-letter acronym) for the month and the year, so typing the appropriate one into the search bar will bring up all the routes from that issue. Eg November 2015 issue would be NOV15; June 2017 would be JUN17.

The other routes - from the touring supplements - will be individual downloads (as zipped GPX files) on the page for the relevant supplement, with a good proportion of them rounded up in the "Guide to Europe 2nd edition" collection.

Thanks gents. I remember the route we used went through Chimay and Rocroix so I’ll use them as waypoints and put Gedinne in as final destination.

I’m a bit crap with computer files and stuff (or too lazy to learn!). The last time I went I had a Garmin Zumo and it was fairly straight forward to Download the files.

Now I’ve resurrected an old second hand TomTom Rider pro with 6 year old maps. Should be fine! It’s only Belgium, I can just ride south for a couple of hours and chuck a left!

Back
Top Bottom