GSA seat for 2017

gsxmax1

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So used to have a 2012 GSA with a Touratech riders seat and was very comfortable over long distance.

Have traded up to a 2017 TB GSA but find over more then 1.5 hours the seat doesn’t offer enough support and ends up being uncomfortable.

So looking to see if anyone has changed the riders perch and what they went for, along with any feedback on their choice.

Did inquire about new Touratech version for the newer GSA but was advised 2 to 3 months to get one.

As to me, I’m 6ft2in and “well upholstered” with the seat on the highest setting.

Cheers

I'm 5ft 8 and found the Sargent dug into my thigh, but I'm sure someone with longer legs would be very happy with it. I've used the taller TT/Kahedo seat and find its more comfortable than the standard. However for me, it's too much of a floor reach so Ive settled with a standard height Kahedo seat.

The other option is to get the OEM seat reupholstered.

I'm 5ft 8 and found the Sargent dug into my thigh, but I'm sure someone with longer legs would be very happy with it. I've used the taller TT/Kahedo seat and find its more comfortable than the standard. However for me, it's too much of a floor reach so Ive settled with a standard height Kahedo seat.

The other option is to get the OEM seat reupholstered.

Thanks for that.
Was the digging into you when feet down?

Thanks for that.
Was the digging into you when feet down?

Getting a foot down was a bigger issue with the Sargent and paddling through traffic would have quickly become painful. But it dug my thigh even just sitting. Lifting my heel just 1/2" resolved the thigh rub so I'm sure a longer legged person would be fine. The seller was a tall chap and had been very happy with his Sargent. It wasn't for me but as said, I think taller people would be very happy.

You could also get the OEM seat reupholstered.

I also tried a Kahedo Low but it made the bars feel like ape-hangers; Corbyn was similar to Sargent with leg getting rubbed; OEM GS felt like it had a lump under my coccyx and OEM GSA was just too narrow and rock hard.

Back
Top Bottom