Paddys go on Tour August 2018

Looking forward to the ride report:thumb2 We did a trip to the Black Forest in 2011, ride report is on here somewhere;) We had the best time, everytime I look at the photos I laugh:D the B500 was worth doing:bounce1 way better on a bike than in a car:clap
Have a great trip:)

Looking forward to the ride report:thumb2 We did a trip to the Black Forest in 2011, ride report is on here somewhere;) We had the best time, everytime I look at the photos I laugh:D the B500 was worth doing:bounce1 way better on a bike than in a car:clap
Have a great trip:)

Cheers for that! Yeah, can't wait for the trip. It's all about the smiles and laughs, on and off the bike. Throw in some nice biking and yer well sorted! Just hoping Ryanair and their pilots are best buddies come the middle of August!

Some people have a knack for writing these things and you seem to be one of them, very amusing in places.
I am enjoying every minite of this "planning Thread" as much as I have some ride reports , cant wait for the actual trip report.
day 3. If you can it is much better to ride the Silvretta Strasse clockwise ie up the western ramp. Landeck/Galtur/ Schruns etc.
Day 11 Nockalmstrasse is as has been said a great stretch of road, as I recall it was 9 Euros well spent . Dont recall the Cattle Grid although I had just come off the Solkpass , now thats full of them and associated cow pats ! Carefull on them cobbles if its damp up to the Edelweisshutte, was once only open for bikes but for last few years cars are up there as well. I recall reading that them Hairy biker chef types once did a programme from up there.
Not been myself but I heard its a pleasant detour up to the Turracherhoe.
Glad you are riding the Timmelsjock in Northerly direction, it is in my opinion one of the great passes. I have had to go to bottom on italian side and ride back up as it has not been in my route to ride S/N. Cant make my mind up about those strange buildings structures at the top ?
. I've never seen the point of doing roads just for the sake of it if you're starting to fatigue. Chances are there'll be plenty more nice tarmac the next day, especially in this part of the world!
Yes even after a trip of your duration there is endless alternative routes you could have taken and its impossible to fit everything in. Be satisfied with your plan and dont try to do to much.
Will be interested to hear how you find the Slovenia part as thats still on my To do list
Not long now:D

Some people have a knack for writing these things and you seem to be one of them, very amusing in places.
I am enjoying every minite of this "planning Thread" as much as I have some ride reports , cant wait for the actual trip report.

Cheers, I actually quite enjoy writing them up, despite being stuck in front of a PC for the majority of my working day. If I'm honest, this one's for the sake of my sanity, otherwise I'm simply going to explode with excitement!

day 3. If you can it is much better to ride the Silvretta Strasse clockwise ie up the western ramp. Landeck/Galtur/ Schruns etc.

I'll look to see if I can tweak the route, but I think it might add on too many extra k's on an already long-ish day. Thanks for the tip!

Day 11 Nockalmstrasse is as has been said a great stretch of road, as I recall it was 9 Euros well spent . Dont recall the Cattle Grid although I had just come off the Solkpass , now thats full of them and associated cow pats ! Carefull on them cobbles if its damp up to the Edelweisshutte, was once only open for bikes but for last few years cars are up there as well. I recall reading that them Hairy biker chef types once did a programme from up there.

Really looking forward to this part of the trip - hopefully the weather holds out for us up there. Will keep an eye out on the cobbles, don't fancy dropping the bike in front of a big appreciative crowd! :eek:

Not been myself but I heard its a pleasant detour up to the Turracherhoe.

Hadn't heard of this one before - think it might have to go on the list for the next trip.:thumb2

Glad you are riding the Timmelsjock in Northerly direction, it is in my opinion one of the great passes. I have had to go to bottom on italian side and ride back up as it has not been in my route to ride S/N. Cant make my mind up about those strange buildings structures at the top ?
. I've never seen the point of doing roads just for the sake of it if you're starting to fatigue. Chances are there'll be plenty more nice tarmac the next day, especially in this part of the world!
Yes even after a trip of your duration there is endless alternative routes you could have taken and its impossible to fit everything in. Be satisfied with your plan and dont try to do to much.
Will be interested to hear how you find the Slovenia part as thats still on my To do list
Not long now:D
Slovenia's meant to be really nice - first time visiting for myself as well.
Yeah, the plan is to not take on too much so that we no longer enjoy the trip - no point in that. At this stage I think we've got so many nice roads and passes lined up that we'll struggle to come home disappointed!

This time 3 weeks we should be taxiing out to the runway for take off after a few beers in teh airport!

Tell me about it! Three weeks of tenterhooks will age me decades!
Here...... I'm having a good sniff around the 162 1290 Super Adventure down in Gorey. Have a look on the website, it's the white one.

Sent from a U11

If we get there, it'll be a great trip. If we get there. Fuckin swim and walk if I have to!
If it goes tits up because of the O'Leary bollix.
I'll drive ye over (for your OnePlus and Diesel money)
Ye can get the ferry home......with a bit of regigging of your plan.

Sent from a U11

If it goes tits up because of the O'Leary bollix.
I'll drive ye over (for your OnePlus and Diesel money)
Ye can get the ferry home......with a bit of regigging of your plan.

Sent from a U11

Yer on! Forget my OnePlus, I'll buy ye a new one! ;)

This time next week, with a bit of luck, I'll be on the way to the airport. If not I'll be over at Micheal O'Leary's house beating him about the head with a very large dead fish. Might even opt for a live one, will know for sure closer to the time. :p

Off to Overlanders in the morning to drop off the bikes for shipping over to Memmingen. By some weird twist of fate tomorrow's weather forecast is good - hopefully it's a sign of good things to come. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom