BMW Rider Trousers

Had mine for a couple of years as well. First time today though that they've ever been tested in moderate rain (over the Beacons to Crickhowell and back). Fine everywhere except the arse, which became damp :rolleyes: Liner looks fine so I guess it just canna take the pressure Captain.

I've done a bit of "kitchen sink" testing. It seems as though after a while water penetrates through the fabric itself in the seat area. The seams look fine. I don't know what gives these liners their waterproofing - this test suggests it may be a coating which has "worn" through being sat on, but there's no sign of any delamination or "flaking" that I've seen on PU products in the past. When I get time I'll take them into my dealer and see what they say.

Had a pair of Rider Trousers for about 2 years, wear them more than any of my other BMW gear - no problems, no complaints - great product.

Have you ever had a sub standard BMW product? You remind me of someone....
All they wanted was a ford consul and a white woman

Unfortunately mine are 3 years old and out of warranty. Guess what? BMW don't sell replacement liners. Dealer very kindly gave me a bottle of Grangers wash in waterproofer to try. I've washed it in, all I need now is a rainy day...

Have you ever had a sub standard BMW product? You remind me of someone....
All they wanted was a ford consul and a white woman

Yeah the BMW Velcro is crap on all of the jackets that I have owned, it doesn’t last in everyday use for more than a few months - got rid of it Boulder Jacket and fitted press studs instead.

Back
Top Bottom