No fuel at injectors.

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm afraid that this is a Power Commander 111 issue. During the winter there was no problems starting the R1100S (ridden infrequently I should add) but yesterday it refused to be coaxed into life. Fuel pressure ok as pump runs until pressure is build, fuel in tank is more than 5 litres, spark at spark plugs, no fuel at the injectors. Removed the PC 111 (PC 111 USB) connections and it fires the injector. The bike starts ok with the PC 111 disconnected. This rules out any kill switch, side stand switch etc issues. My questions are: Is there a battery that could have run dead in the PC 111? And is it possible to lose the mapping when the battery is dead? Any pointers would greatly appreciated.

The next course of action is to connect the 9V external supply to the PC 111 and see if the bike starts. After that is would be the dreaded panel removal and checking power supply and earth connections are still good.

Anyway, connected the 9V battery to it and the bike fired up instantly. So I guess that somewhere there is a power supply issue.

The PC III gets its power from one of the injectors. You install it by disconnecting an injector and plugging the PC III into the injector harness and then connecting the output of PC III into the injector.

It sounds like there is a broken wire somewhere in the PC III harness. It shouldn’t be hard to find. Follow the wires that are in each of the two pin connectors that go to the injectors.

Thanks Roger. I'll have a look next week as I'm starting night shift tonight.

Well, the bike started with no dramas, I even removed the 9V battery and it ha been ok today. We'll see...

Does your PC III also have the Wideband O2 installed? If it does, what AFR is it set to? The Wideband O2 is the best part of the PC III system, it works like an AF-XIED.

One of the things I don’t like about the PC III w/Wideband O2 is the number of connections it adds: two additional to the tps and two additional to the right hand fuel injector. You should try disconnecting and reconnecting them all a couple times.

Yes wideband O2. What the AFR is I can't remember. It has been a couple of years.

Back
Top Bottom