Black Forest campsite recommendations.

keshxpress

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After the Spa Classic at the end of the month, I've got 3 full days to explore the roads in the Black Forest area. Which town and campsite would be best as a base. Preferably the campsite to be a walk from town.
Thanks in advance.:thumby:

I don't have anywhere specific in mind but looking at the map, Freudenstadt looks fairly central with quick access to good biking roads, or maybe the Freiberg area.
I'm hoping for a full days riding each day on "yellow" roads as much as possible, followed by a few chill out beers at the end of the day.

Why travel from Spa all the way to the Black Forest, when you have the Eifel, Luxembourg and the Vosges pretty much on your doorstep

Why travel from Spa all the way to the Black Forest, when you have the Eifel, Luxembourg and the Vosges pretty much on your doorstep

Bit of a bucket list thing really. At 70+ I've got to cram in what I can while I can.
I'll concentrate on camping in the Titisee area, then I can have a long day doing the lake to lake ride via the Route de Ballon, a day doing the B500 from Waldshut to Baden Baden, and then a day just making it up as I go. Are there many campsites in Titisee that would be walking distance to a village/town?

Bit of a bucket list thing really. At 70+ I've got to cram in what I can while I can.
I'll concentrate on camping in the Titisee area, then I can have a long day doing the lake to lake ride via the Route de Ballon, a day doing the B500 from Waldshut to Baden Baden, and then a day just making it up as I go. Are there many campsites in Titisee that would be walking distance to a village/town?

Nice place titisee you can buy a cuckoo clock there, just avoid Freiberg at the moment loads of roadworks on the way up to Titisee but you can go around Freiberg no problem, maybe Wapping will jump in with a map or ten. :D

Stayed at this place a couple of times. About a fifteen minute walk into Titissee. Up on the hill above the lake. Run by a nice old guy with a wicked sense of humour. Took the piss relentlessly about my lack of German but gave us a lift into town when it was raining:

http://www.camping-buehlhof.de/#kontakt

I think someone told me he’d been ill a couple of years ago but hopefully he’s still around.

There are other sites on the lake but at least one of them isn’t biker friendly.

A belated thank you for the campsite suggestions for my Spa/ Black Forest trip. When we left Spa the weather forecast for the southern section of the BF was rain and lightning, so decided against Titisee and found a site on the B28 between Freudenstadt and Kniebis, Camping Langenwald. Well run site with free wifi, a small bar area that doubles as the restaurant during mealtimes. The shower washing facilities were absolutely amazing and would put some 4/5* hotels to shame. Very reasonable too, considering the quality of the facilities offered. Thanks again:thumb.

Black forrest

Stayed at this place a couple of times. About a fifteen minute walk into Titissee. Up on the hill above the lake. Run by a nice old guy with a wicked sense of humour. Took the piss relentlessly about my lack of German but gave us a lift into town when it was raining:

http://www.camping-buehlhof.de/#kontakt

I think someone told me he’d been ill a couple of years ago but hopefully he’s still around.

There are other sites on the lake but at least one of them isn’t biker friendly.

The site did close for a while and unfortunately both Willy (the old chap) and his wife died within a couple of months of each other but the site has been taken over by his daughter and has reopened again.
I've stayed here many times and much prefer it to Bankenhof (even though it isn't as flash) there is no need to book - just rock up and stay as long as you like, great place.

Back
Top Bottom