Route recommendation please - Santander to Málaga

andrewb2006

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m traveling from Santander to Malaga in early Oct .
Arrive 7.45am Tuesday and want to be in Malaga Wednesday early evening.

Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Kurviger is your friend, at least as a broad starter.

See also RiDE magazine’s suggestions and assorted threads on this site, all dealing with going the 1,200 kms (750 miles) - in two days - in a near enough straight line from the top of Spain to the bottom.

PS Thread moved and retitled, to save bods wondering where you might be going in October.

PPS Popping out to get a half decent map of Spain next week, would be a great place to set the ball rolling.

Yes think I’m going change the sailing to go out Friday land Sunday morning.

You can get to Avila, slightly n.w. of Madrid, by around 6.30 on the Sunday crossing. A nice little town. Then rested, have time to find interesting routes south the next couple of days. You don't need to do Motorways for any of it, the N roads are great. :thumb

From Avila, N502 to Córdoba, then it’s straightforward. Personally I’d stick with the early ferry and aim to get a bit further than Avila - Tavalera de la Reina’s not the most charming town in Spain, but it’s almost exactly halfway and has hotels... That would buy the time to have a bit of an explore on the final leg from Córdoba to Malaga (try going via Moron de la Frontera, Argondonales, Zahara, Grazalema, Ronda, Yunquera). Whichever way you go, they won’t be short days so an early start can only be a good thing

Thanks for the advice , I’m now going on the Friday evening landing Sat tea time so can take my time a little.

Back
Top Bottom