MZ ETZ 301 What is it worth ?

r100gser

Reaction score
Hi , I have just about finished the restoration of my 1994 MZ ETZ 251 it has had the following done to it

301 top end, new crank seals, and anything else on the motor that needed changing has been done

new fork internals and seals, new swing arm bushes new rear shocks, head bearings

Frame powder coated, Stainless spokes, new tyres, and handle bars and all rubber parts replaced

Carb recon, new stainless down pipe and high quality silencer (over £200 worth). New control cables. most fasteners are now stainless steel

front caliper overhauled, new master cylinder and stainless brake pipe. New rear brake shoes

New battery (motobatt) and electrical overhaul including harness, Iridium spark plug.

All original documentation, and tool kit and pump.

I could go on and on. However I now fancy moving on to something else but I am stuck for a price for it - any suggestions would be gratefully received....thanks...Ian

That bike looks georgus. What’s that horrible looking thing on the tank? It’s taking away from the rest of the bike. That’s my genuine opinion. Value? I haven’t a clue but it’s got to be at the top of the range for those bikes. JJH

Nothing to most people they were always a bit oddball and under rated, but will be worth a few quid to others I would say about a £1000 or more to someone for the memories, finding that person may take some time.

Have a look on eBay and select sold bikes for a more accurate idea. GLWS

There's a small but keen market of MZ nutters .... er, um ... enthusiasts. :D. Self included in that and I will spread the word, as wll others no doubt. Remove the nappy from the tank (it does nowt for the bike) and someone will buy it for the price they will pay iyswim? Starting at £1500 would be reasonable i think. The bike is not a classic MZ. Some would say none of them are! However, someone might want to attach the 301 unit to a sidecar?

Looks like the perfect RTW bike...

As to value, have a look at 'completed items' on eBay

The values vary hugely, generally the older (more 'classic') bikes fetch more...

But obviously the newer ones like yours, are more practical, better brakes etc.

My 2p....

It should fetch around £1200....a good bit more if it was a mint TS250 Supa 5, or an earlier 'classic' MZ, despite the fact that your ETZ will probably be a better bike.....it's how it is......:)

No idea what it's worth but I was at times a secret admirer of the 250 MZ. They did seem quite well made, (alloy wheel rims, rubber mounted engine, fully enclosed chain) so well done to you for restoring it.

PS, the silencer looks great :thumb2

Thanks for all the replies I have found them really helpful, I am the bikes second owner and have had it for about 12 years, I have the original service book and hand book, I really can't decide what to do with it, I have four bikes all are ones I have admired over the years and I have thought of as the best of their kind (my own opinion - other opinions are available) - they are R100GS had for 20 years) K100lt (11 years) Moto Guzzi Cali 1100 I (4 years) and of course the MZ.

In regards to comments about the tank cover... that is the Turkish equivalent of the total touratech catalogue - it cost me about 10 Turkish Lira or about £1.20 ...so it is staying

In regards to comments about the tank cover... that is the Turkish equivalent of the total touratech catalogue - it cost me about 10 Turkish Lira or about £1.20 ...so it is staying

No argument from me on that one! :D

Back
Top Bottom