Anti vibe

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for some way to stop / reduce the vibration through the bars mainly the right grip is causing me some numbness in my right hand , looking at the anti vibe bar mounts but they all seem to raise the bars which I don’t need . Any other solutions l might try

Have had the grip puppies fitted since I bought the bike ,not as bad as riding without but still getting the numb right hand , might try wrapping some adhesive lead weights round the bar .

Have had the grip puppies fitted since I bought the bike ,not as bad as riding without but still getting the numb right hand , might try wrapping some adhesive lead weights round the bar .

Makes no difference, I have them it is all snakeoil, try a pair of looser gloves, you will be surprised

Makes no difference, I have them it is all snakeoil, try a pair of looser gloves, you will be surprised

Grip puppies make a lot of difference to the noticeable vibration in my opinion.

Op what tyres are you running on and is the front wheel balanced and true?

I know could be anything causing it but all worth eliminating.

I have Rox anti vibe risers with lead shot inside the bars and what amount to Grip Puppies on the grips. It's all helped but nothing makes a huge difference.

The biggest gain was to get some 50mm dia stainless tube parted off to 40mm long and cast lead into it. The ends are closed with M12 x 50 repair washers and the lead drilled out. I tried to cast it around the bolt but that really was a hassle. I tried it with lead shot - the theory being that moving shot balls will be better vibe dampers. They were not. More mass had the best effect. Depleted uranium anyone? :)

Back
Top Bottom