Tyre / basecamp puzzled

peter56

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
puzzled just loaded a route made in basecamp and I get a message saying (sent to navigator V were recalculated because they was created on a map that is not installed on the device) anyone can tell me that I have done wrong

It means the maps installed on your GPS device are different from those installed on your home computer.

Even if the maps are the same, if the route was created by someone else and you are simply sending it into your GPS device, you may well still see the message.

Was the recalculated route fundamentally different from the route on your home computer? If no, don’t worry about it.

anyone can tell me that I have done wrong

You should start by telling us exactly what you did, please. But first, check the maps installed on your home computer and on your GPS device, then report back.

I think I can see the problem. Original route was created in tyres then loaded into basecamp. I manipulated route in basecamp then sent too nav 5 . The route in the nav 5 sent me too the waypoints in a different order so doubled the mileage. Maps in basecamp (city navigator europe ntu 2018 3 installed). In nav 5 says (city navigator Europe ntu 2018 30)

Aha, the curse of Tyre. Yet again.

Just do everything in a Garmin based software programme and your life will be a lot easier.

I’ll move this thread to the ‘Other software’ section, where the resident lovers of all things non-Garmin live.

Back
Top Bottom