Screen Extension

As I mentioned, I only got a slight improvement with the tobinators and the standard GSA screen. I spent a day experimenting with it and eventually tried without the screen at all. I was surprised to find that the turbulence was still there. The turbulence was coming up in front of the tank, under the handlebars and hitting me on the chin.

I bought two A4 sheets of polycarbonate and last weekend I finally got around to making a set of winglets. They made a huge difference. I had to make a small adjustment to the screen with the tobinators to get it perfect, but it's much better now. If I sit bolt upright, which I usually do, I still get some slight buffeting but if I slouch slightly it's much quieter. I can now hear the engine and the tyres humming.

My noise seems to come from the hand guards, it's bounced over them and then hits my shoulders and is deflected up into my lid..easy to figure out if you use your hand as a deflector in various spots. I also have winglets fitted which have little or no impact, this is really down to stature,weight,helmet,height etc etc and seems to be a very personal thing.

My next option is to try a Cee Baileys screen and Tobs if even possible...my ears need more quiet!

Cheers for the offer Mzokk, I bought a Touratech screen extension from one of the guys on the site but haven't had the chance to try it yet with work! See how it goes!! Will post when I try it!!

Back
Top Bottom