How long should clutch last??

A stuffed pressure plate is easy enough to spot. If it's not grooved or blued its good to go.

In that case it’s fooked! There’s a couple of decent grooves in both the flywheel and the cage and a loverly blue tinge . £300 piece of mind for 6 million miles of clutch life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still doesn't answer why your particular bike seems to get through clutches, unless the previous owner doesn't have any mechanical sympathy and 'rides the clutch' everywhere ?

Still doesn't answer why your particular bike seems to get through clutches, unless the previous owner doesn't have any mechanical sympathy and 'rides the clutch' everywhere ?

I thought that too - but gearbox input seal looks recent as does the crank seal - I’m hoping the clutch was changed when seals went and they were changed 🤷🏻*♂️

In that case it’s fooked! There’s a couple of decent grooves in both the flywheel and the cage and a loverly blue tinge . £300 piece of mind for 6 million miles of clutch life

Maybe the last time, it only had the friction plate fitted. It would explain why yours does not look excessively worn yet friction material has been ripped away.

All the friction plates i've seen in that condition when changing a clutch have been caused by a lack of finesse and mechanical sympathy.

All the friction plates i've seen in that condition when changing a clutch have been caused by a lack of finesse and mechanical sympathy.

In that case, wish the OP good luck with his driveshaft and final drive, not to mention gearbox.

This is a classic :D:blast

Attachments

• iphone Pictures 019.jpg
    iphone Pictures 019.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 165
  • iphone Pictures 018.jpg
    iphone Pictures 018.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 167
Serious lack of hosepower, when most of the horse is laying in the bellhousing. :D

Back
Top Bottom