2014 RT

Malcvtr

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seriously thinking of going back to an RT. A 2014 RT SE has caught my eye at just under £10k, fsh. Done 17000 miles. Anything particular to look for?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2014 - not a lot of difference from the 2018 model.
Check for corrosion (engine casing, swing arm, final drive) to see if it is ok for you to live with.
Test ride is crucial. How does it ride, and how does it change gear. There will be clunking, but can you live with the amount it has.
How does it handle.
What state are the tyres and brake pads in.
What mods have been done. Factor that into the bartering process.
Ideally have a currrent Wethead owner go with you and check out all of the Wonderwheel functions to check all is ok.
Check for damage.
Don't rush into it.
These are great bikes but it's only worth the money if it's all OK.

Cheers. Good to know there’s not a lot of difference to the 2018. I wondered if the gearbox update in 2017(?) was a big improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check the right hand lower panel is properly connected. There is a probe and grommet fitting which keeps popping out...from new..

Check the right hand lower panel is properly connected. There is a probe and grommet fitting which keeps popping out...from new..

Crikey. Sounds strange! Thanks.

In my opinion there was a huge improvement. For me it was a big issue and I would have jumped at an early Wethead except for that issue. However thousands of people are VERY happy with their early bikes and you too may feel it is ideal. Give it a go. you will probably love the bike. The engine is addictive!

So I have a 2014. No issues with the right hand panel. The only thing to ensure, is the exhaust flap is working, they get stuck and freeing them off is a short term solution. When you switch on the ignition, you should hear it open and close. If its stuck, it throws an error when connected to the mothership computer, if its stuck open, it doesn't impact performance etc. But to fix it, means new headers circa £1200. Mine was changed by the dealer as a good will gesture when the bike had done 9k. Other than that, I would look for an LE lots more toys. Only real difference between 2014 and 2017/18 bikes is a quieter gearbox and the newer bikes has ABS Pro.

Thanks guys. Very much appreciated. Apologies for the slow response. Test ride of a 2018 tomorrow just to give me some experience before the 2014 one...

Enjoy, there is a 2017 bike for sale on here at a very good price, a bit more than 10k, but worth it. Then sell your own bike privately if you have one, if not, find the extra cash for a lot more bike :)

Enjoy, there is a 2017 bike for sale on here at a very good price, a bit more than 10k, but worth it. Then sell your own bike privately if you have one, if not, find the extra cash for a lot more bike :)
Yep. I have a 2016 Street Glide to sell if I decide to return to the RT. Could be an interesting time!

Well. It's a great bike. Very agile and quite sprightly. But... we'll be keeping the Harley. I guess we've got attached to this bulky beast of character

Would love to be able to afford both.

f371114cd099997cf92ef504cb4166c2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom