Fitting adventure panniers

alfie

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've got a standard Gs with vario panniers but i fancy the adventure panniers has anyone changed,any advice.

I’m interested in this as well. I’m looking at Givi Dolomittis (sp?) for the budget or TT ones for the balanced sizes.

I really like the look of the Mototrax ones but it looks like the hangers will get in the way of my mudsling

I've got a standard Gs with vario panniers but i fancy the adventure panniers has anyone changed,any advice.

You will need along with the panniers themselves the pannier rails which fit no problem to the GS.
If you want the top box too you will need the mounting rack from a GSA. It all fits a GS, i know as i have done it.

Fit an oval exhaust can parallel to the wheel and there is space for a full size box on the right.

Thanks for the replies I’ve got the gsa top box rack
I’ll have a look for side rails panniers and top box

Yes you need the Adv frames. I had adventure panniers fitted to my non-adv twin cam and just removed this week.

They fit no problem.

Or even on the left, or are you looking from the front,

I was standing on my head trying to do the tummy rub and head pat exercise. :eek:

The right-hand side case frame clears the tyre by 115mm. On the left, you could comfortably use an oval exhaust can 100mm wide or even a stacked pair. It would need a special link pipe, support bracket and an outlet tube to feed hot gas away from the number plate.

I have the Akraprovic "shotgun" system which uses 100mm cans. I would quite like to reposition the cans but they system is titanium so I've left it well alone. Before finding that system I did talk to Andy at Extreme Stainless (Hixon, Stafford) who was up for making a Y joint to carry two 100mm cans.

Back
Top Bottom