Still won't start.......

Hi - We have 4 new plugs.

Complete new HES setup that we tested with an LED.

It has fuel in it.

This Green wire sounds interesting - What is it ?

How do i gain access ? or can i easily bypass it with new wire to rule it out.

I don't want to start cutting into the loom if i don't have to - Thanks again o wise ones !!!

Just because there is fuel in the tank does not necessarily mean its getting round the system.
Presume you've had the tank off at some point. Did you reconnect the fuel pipes?

Remove the fuel line at the injector. Put the end in a container etc, turn on the ignition, does fuel pump out ?

Unplug the fuel injector electrical plug, put a test meter or bulb meter across the two terminals, ignition on and press starter button, are the injectors plugs getting an electrical pulse ?
Here you go Rob, start with the above.... I guess you missed it earlier.

Hi - Will try and get to try that later.

The Green wire ?

Just do it first

The green wire if it is broken you don;t get any Info display or dash lights

Its the ignition live that feeds the bike circuits and I am pretty sure a red herring at this time

Although it is worth checking for chaffing by an overtight cable tie to the left side of the headstock it runs in the small from the bottom of the ignition switch to plugs below the front of the tank

Re read initial first post

Fuel Pump whirring away ???

Do you hear a slight rise in the noise before it stops? (Like it had gone under pressure ???)

If you do not? It could be a split U bend on the fuel pump assembly or simply the hose blown off in the tank There was a recall in 2003 for clamps not tight on the fuel lines, but since it was in German and not very well explained we did not go inside the tanks to check

I have seen a few of these in the last year or so

Here you go Rob, start with the above.... I guess you missed it earlier.

Once we've had the results of those two simple tests it'll help let us know if it's an ignition/spark problem or full on electrical/motronic problem and we can then move onto the next piece in the diagnostic puzzle - oh, forget about the green electric wire in the ignition loom, the bike wouldn't turn over if that was the problem... Also, have had confirmation yet of an an alarm bring fitted ?

Hi - No alarm installed.

The fuel pump spins up stops, then spins up again after i have finished trying to start it.

Once we've had the results of those two simple tests it'll help let us know if it's an ignition/spark problem or full on electrical/motronic problem and we can then move onto the next piece in the diagnostic puzzle - oh, forget about the green electric wire in the ignition loom, the bike wouldn't turn over if that was the problem... Also, have had confirmation yet of an an alarm bring fitted ?

Horse to water ..........

You’re not normally this patient Neil .

Hi - No alarm installed.

The fuel pump spins up stops, then spins up again after i have finished trying to start it.

That's why i've asked you to do two very simple tests.

One will tell us if the fuel is reaching the injectors, the other will tell us if the injectors are getting an electrical pulse/signal.

Until we know it's pointless going onto the next phase in a methodical diagnostic procedure.

Back
Top Bottom