Still won't start.......

You cannot test the Injectors like that you need a Noid http://www.engine-misfire.com/how-to-check-fuel-injector-pulse-using-a-noid-light/

the pulse is measured in milliseconds to provide the "dose" of fuel to the cylinder

for example 5 ms at tickover and 50 millisecond at half throttle

Just to be clear I do not know the value its just to demonstrate the other thing is are you sure you have "Pressure" to the fuel rail??

There were recalls in the early days but it was in German and we did not know that the tank interior clamps were subject to it

The title was roughly undigtichkeiten im Kraftsoff systeme (Its been a few years :blast ) but it basically said "Leaks in fuel system"

SO we checked the pipes that could leak (But not the ones in the tank!)

The motronic has a not-well-known function that inhibits spark and fuel. Usually it is enabled by the GS-911 but it’s possible that the motronic could be glitched into that state. It can be disabled by removing fuse 5 for ten minutes and then reregistering the throttle (key on, fully rotate the throttle twice, key off).

Hi - Tried the reset, no joy with that. With the injector pulled out the fuel line and press the started button fuel pours out so i assumed fuel pump ok but happy to be enlightened.

Ill will look into getting hold of a noid light. I assume its a Bosch one i need ?

But seems unlikely that both fail at the same time. It has to be something common as we get nothing from either injector, no sparks from either of the 2 coil packs or the standard type coil feeding the 2 lower plugs Thanks guys will report back soon.

With the injector pulled out the fuel line and press the started button fuel pours out so i assumed fuel pump ok but happy to be enlightened.

Put your thumb over the end of the injector pipe and leave a tiny opening like you would with a hose to create a spray or jet

Can you get it to develop pressure and spray a mist?? Fuel pump should groan a little too as it comes under load !!!

If yes move on to electrics If no Go inside the tank and check hoses for a split

Just because it Pours out just means the pump is pumping The system needs two bar for the injectors to spray a mist of fuel

Hi All - so just had an unexpected half hour.

So Fuel pump, finger on end of the pipe , squirts out a couple feet so its making lots of pressure, it was hard to keep finger on the end shoots easily a few feet away. Pump speeds up and down as described.

Then repeated the 5 min reset for 10 minutes.

No joy folks, still wont start.

Where next ? - thanks.

i - Yes it was running after 10seconds.

ive downloaded the oilhead timing procedure - will have a play at the weekend hopefully - thanks !

Since the pump was running during cranking, at least half of the HES seems to be working. The timing test will confirm the HES is part operational.

2003, 10,000 miles.It's probably died of boredom!

Any update on this - following with interest. Good luck:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom