Clutch replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
The airbox lifts with the frame.

If you fit the airbox to the engine (as anyone would expect), the frame won’t fit. The airbox has to go into the frame before it’s fitted to the engine.
The same applies to engine wiring. It has to be connected and clipped before fitting the rear sub frame

What about the subframe lug under the gearbox ?

What about the subframe lug under the gearbox ?

It's a long time since I did mine and at the time took the whole frame off. But after the third attempt at refitting (airbox in the way then wires in the way) realised I'd not needed to take it apart to such a great extent.

i wonder who is right :blast,i wonder who has done more 1200 clutches?

Im on my original clutch and gearbox @ 137k, lots of wheelies,

Loads of backlash in gearbox, I expect that to fail next,

Im considering chopping the wiring where it feeds the rear light etc so i dont have to take the tail off to get at it, no abs so it should make life a lot easier splitting the bike to get at gearbox.

Im on my original clutch and gearbox @ 137k, lots of wheelies,

Loads of backlash in gearbox, I expect that to fail next,

Im considering chopping the wiring where it feeds the rear light etc so i dont have to take the tail off to get at it, no abs so it should make life a lot easier splitting the bike to get at gearbox.

You don't have to "take the tail off" to get at the wiring......... You undo the 6 screws that hold lower plastic mudguard in place underneth and disconnect the wiring from the rear section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom