Antipodean tail untidy

Gyp

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I know the trend with tail ends is to minimise them, but after bringing half of Scotland home with me all over the rear lights and to box, I've invested in a Aus/NZ spec number plate mount piece that acts as a much larger rear mudguard.

A tail untidy if you will.

Quick before and after photos below.

Part number is 4662 8 543 348 (original is 4662 8 546 388).

Fitting took a massive 12 minutes, from rolling out the garage to rolling back again, but only took that long as I'd not got the Givi fixings out of the way first, and mixed up a couple of the screws thinking they were all the same.

Price was £37.70 from Nick at Cotswold, which is a lot for a piece of plastic, but a bargain when compared with the price of a Mudsling.

2c57fd9ce0bb8bc33e0b544fabb7bb38.jpg
3719ba473126c14d2e0640237bcfee5f.jpg
8bbefc42c1ad74df79f7dae5912b2b8b.jpg

is the diff the same as a lc/gs ?
in other words will a gs hugger fit the R model ?

A common mod on RS12s

Along with a hugger
It was seeing one on an RS when staying overnight in Leith (yours?) that I became aware of it.

I managed to find a couple of threads elsewhere about them (on RS, not that it makes any difference) but they weren't particularly clear on part numbers which is why I put something up here.

I've not got a hugger on mine, but I do have a Mudsling. Perhaps I could squeeze in a hugger too... Then maybe a full rear-end enclosure in the style of an LE Velocette...

Back
Top Bottom