Impromptu trip to Mongolia

52f490a9a1cfa35774d4c9740d1bfff7.jpg

Dunno why they would have the exhaust on the other side???

My "guess" is for easier access to the rear wheel spindle

They change their wheels for winter ones over there

and probably punctures are common enough with the road surfaces

I think at that age all 3 wheels were interchangeable

Dunno why they would have the exhaust on the other side???

If they're using a 2 into 1 exhaust it'll likely exit on the right side.

And as said above, not for easier access to the wheel spindle, but it does give much more clearance for removal/replacement of the rear wheel.

Regardless of age and era, all the drum front brake models have fully interchangeable wheels.

I knew they were interchangeable, didn't think about the wheel changin, despite having had a few sidecars myself.

0120891b88a5901ee3cf99bab4f01bc1.jpg

India 1 Australia 2, USA 1 Russia 1
These aren't the latest football scores, they are the countries I've had rear shock failures...all the oil has jumped ship.....

eb6c6796885cf2aaf52f51acd47d4c6f.jpg
f3666a98b9f9f496b757f4d0861a5858.jpg

Bimbling along at a steady 55mph on a perfectly straight road I spotted this truck (a not uncommon sight in this part of the world) and for once decided to take a photo.
No sooner had I taken the photo....than the old bill showed up in the unmarked company Diahatsu.. That's them in the distance in the 1st shot doing a youey........
One was in uniform and one not.

They asked me if I'd caused it.... If I knew anything about it....Where I was going.. Etc And to clear off!

I told 'em I was British ....and I know my rights... and they can't talk to me like that or they'll have Her Maj to deal with.... They'll be sorry then...

They said if I didn't scarper they'd send me to the gulags on half rations for 6 months...

It was only later that it occurred to me that the driver might still be in the cab sipping his vodka and red bull............

'Arrested for driving while blind'...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/q7UPSpoV--A?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excellent stuff Glynn.
Have a great trip and keep posting :clap

Campsite on the way East.
Yup he really does live above that shipping container....and owns the yurt next it too...the low building is a kind of kitchen for guests.... I couldn't work out what the flashing neon '99' sign was for....so I asked, don't think he knew either!
b3f99e8b33c0b26d80e5cc7668c73e83.jpg

... I couldn't work out what the flashing neon '99' sign was for....so I asked, don't think he knew either!

It's new angle on the tired old Route 66 signs that people put up. :D

I'm really enjoying this ... hope there's many more to come. :beerjug:

Thanks Glynn, this is the sort of ride report I really enjoy, looking forward to a lot more of this :thumb2

b95756834e62b9abbeb4521b02b918ad.jpg
I love the fact someone's crashed into it! There's a big scrape on the left hand side!

Can’t beat a good ride report. Keep it coming. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom