GS comfort ? V multi dvt

L7APK

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
How do gsers, I've got a multistrada 1200 dvt and it's a great bike, but my arse has an issue with it, 2 hours into a ride and I'm suffering. Yep, already tried the comfort seat and an air hawk on that as well. The multi seat is a banana curved shape compared to the GS, Don't know if this is the problem.
I'm testing a gs1200 rallye this week to see how comfy it is compared.
So , I'd like to hear your experiences with the GS concerning handlebar vibes and seat comfort. If testing is positive and the dealer gives me a reasonable px value, I'm going to bite the bullet.
Thanks in advance, go for it

If you want comfort on all roads, don’t tick the sport Suspension box. It’s fine on most roads, but can be harsh on minor pot holed roads.

Thanks for that, I was going to get that option as it sits the bike slightly taller.
Good tip

This is counter-intuitive but I’ve found that the OEM GS low seat on high front/low rear is more comfortable than the regular seat on low/low, is near enough the same height and is good for a few hours for me. This is the bonus of having an angle-adjustable seat. I’ve always thought that the multi seat looks uncomfortable due to the amount of curve. Touring bike seats are usually flattish for a reason.

Great review thanks for sharing, I'll see how I get on on weds

Thanks for that, I was going to get that option as it sits the bike slightly taller.
Good tip

If you don’t ride the nadgery lanes, get the Sport suspension. It’s very good off-road, but can be a bit too firm for every day use. I have a bad back, so may not be the best person to take advice from though.

This is counter-intuitive but I’ve found that the OEM GS low seat on high front/low rear is more comfortable than the regular seat on low/low, is near enough the same height and is good for a few hours for me. This is the bonus of having an angle-adjustable seat. I’ve always thought that the multi seat looks uncomfortable due to the amount of curve. Touring bike seats are usually flattish for a reason.

Well I was thinking of getting the high seat, I want my legs unfolded as much as poss. I suppose having it adjusted the same as yours would do the same trick, I'll try it on the demo bike

Well after extensive test riding on Gs , gsa and a tiger , I've bit the bullet and I'm collecting my new Gsa next week.
Can't wait :bounce1

Well after 8 years on a Multistrada - last being being a 2015 DVT S model- I’ve just changed to a 2018 GSA Rallye low suspension but with a regular ‘normal height’ seat, instead of the low seat it came with. I really dithered over whether to go for regular GSA or the low suspension, as I kinda in between ! Anyway, like others have said, after experimenting I have found most comfort with the front set to high, with the rear of the seat set to low. Never found the Multi to be a problem, but I did use an air hawk when touring. Have found that after a couple of hrs on the GSA, i did suffer with a bit of ache between the shoulder blades. Nothing horrendous, but something I never noticed on my Multi. I’ve just put on some up and back bar risers, and the adjustable foot pegs, and tho early days, that seems to have helped lots. All in all I would say the GSA is a more relaxed, comfortable ride than the Multi in my opinion - no great difference in seat, but better wind protection, easier and smoother at low speeds etc.
Hope that helps..... good luck. Enjoy the decision making process !!

Thanks for that, I'm looking forward to some good ride outs now and a few euro trips.
I think the main prob with the multi is the shape of the seat puts a lot of pressure on the rear part of your butt and lower back.
I agree that on the gs, the seat is better , high at the front and low at the back, in that way it's taking the pressure off the rear of your butt, but like you say it's then stretching your shoulders. It's a trial and error thing, tuning the bike to your build. If we were all exactly the same build, they could build a comfy bike to suit us all ����.

Back
Top Bottom