Low fuel warning

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
At what range does the low fuel warning come on and what does it look like

Low fuel comes on about 2 seconds before you run out and generally it's in the arse end of nowhere. An orange light comes, a klaxon horn sounds closely followed by a comedy boxing glove on a spring which comes out of your tank and bops you on the hooter.

Your screen will then show a message which says "you are a dickhead for not knowing your range and checking your mileage before running out".

HTH :thumb

Described in detail in the Owner’s Handbook. Instructions on interpreting the squiggles on its pages are available from any half decent primary school.

HTH x2 :thumby:

:beerjug:

A little Orange low Petrol sign illuminates on the dash usually at around 50 miles to empty or 60 miles from the nearest Gas station :D

Yes that looks like it ,was down to 41 miles and the light came on jus as I was pulling into the drive just put a gallon in the light did not go out ,so left it for 1/2 hour started it up and the light stayed off so all is well .don’t usually let it drop that low so it was the first time the light has come on

Yes that looks like it ,was down to 41 miles and the light came on jus as I was pulling into the drive just put a gallon in the light did not go out ,so left it for 1/2 hour started it up and the light stayed off so all is well .don’t usually let it drop that low so it was the first time the light has come on

I'm very dissapointed your bike isn't fitted with boxing glove. I'm guessing they must have discontinued it after a H&S issue or a claim from a disgruntled biker mate. :hammer

Ive noticed some bikes dont update until you start riding again[ but that might just be the grade of fuel I use :rolleyes:]

It's all bollox anyway as it's all fed from the same skanky level sensor. BMW were so sure of their prowess at making a non moving part level sensor the thought of a separate level switch or thermostat was outside their comprehension.

If you can't predict your fuel usage (some of us do different riding some days so mpg varies), your best option is a Givi TAN 01 fuel bottle. It holds best part of three litres so will get you to within 10 miles of the next service station. Failing that fill top at 200 miles (GSA) and accept you'll always have 1/3 of a tank (at least) that never gets used.

I get FUEL on the display but no warning triangle

Generally comes on at 50 miles range ive pushed it a bit and got down to 20 remaining then bottled it and filled up

I get FUEL on the display but no warning triangle

Generally comes on at 50 miles range ive pushed it a bit and got down to 20 remaining then bottled it and filled up

Oh Ive had it in single figures on the GS with a wing and a prayer keeping it going

Comes on about 50 miles left. When it says 22 miles left, don't believe the lying fecker, your actually empty!!
Don't ask how I know this, I'm too embarrassed to say :blast

Comes on about 50 miles left. When it says 22 miles left, don't believe the lying fecker, your actually empty!!
Don't ask how I know this, I'm too embarrassed to say :blast

It’s not empty, it’s your sucking pump that’s given up - lay the bike on the left pick it back up and ride the 22 miles

It's all bollox anyway as it's all fed from the same skanky level sensor. BMW were so sure of their prowess at making a non moving part level sensor the thought of a separate level switch or thermostat was outside their comprehension.

Why BMW might need to regulate the temperature in the fuel tank when measuring the level of fuel was outside their comprehension too, no doubt.

your best option is a Givi TAN 01 fuel bottle. It holds best part of three litres so will get you to within 10 miles of the next service station.

How do you know that the extra 30’ish miles the three litre fuel bottle represents, will get you to within 10 miles of the next service station?

....some of us do different riding.....

This is the 1200 section, after all.

Why BMW might need to regulate the temperature in the fuel tank when measuring the level of fuel was outside their comprehension too, no doubt,

Why BMW had completely bollox up the fuel level and pump control system is beyond anyone’s comprehension. They have skanky pump controller, designed to fail level strip all managed by impenetrable software when a simple link tube under the tank would be more than good enough.

How do you know that the extra 30’ish miles the three litre fuel bottle represents, will get you to within 10 miles of the next service station?

You don’t.
You also have at least 7 litres trapped in the tank that you can’t access. Tipping the bike over will release only one or two litres. If you can pick the bike up.

This is the 1200 section, after all.

About bikes that only go up & down motorways to the south of France.

About bikes that only go up & down motorways to the south of France.

For the French market where they have a horsepower limitation, instead of a boxing glove, a slim white faced clown appears dressed as an onion seller and does a mime about a fat man pushing a heavy motorcycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the new French dash sign has a Petrol Station with a big Red X on it :D

a58d2048fe9da80f62dd0d6b9832c056.png

Its easy to find your true tank range. Strap a 5 litre spare fuel can to the bike, brim the tank and keep riding until it stops. You now have at least 50 miles to find a petrol station. Sorted.

Back
Top Bottom