standard gs rear spring rate ?

DR268

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
what is the standard rear spring rate of the 1150GS ?

from searching it seems to suit up to about a 95kg person inc gear etc

Mine seems soft but I'm not too sure if its standard or not

If it's the original, it's probably knackered. Get your wallet out. You won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

that I'm not too sure

its very shiny so I doubt it
You mean its new? If you know it's new, then Ok.

But if you're just thinking it 'looks' Ok...I'd say that unless you knew it was recently serviced (in last couple of years) then either service it - if it can be serviced- or buy a replacement.

Good suspension is hard to describe until you've had it.

You mean its new? If you know it's new, then Ok.

But if you're just thinking it 'looks' Ok...I'd say that unless you knew it was recently serviced (in last couple of years) then either service it - if it can be serviced- or buy a replacement.

Good suspension is hard to describe until you've had it.

it has damping but I'm a tad heavy for it so I think I will get it serviced and a new spring, I am just wondering is the one I have the standard weight

it has damping but I'm a tad heavy for it so I think I will get it serviced and a new spring, I am just wondering is the one I have the standard weight
Ok. Got it. I'd look at getting it serviced and an uprated spring. The catch is if it's a GS (as opposed to the adventure) is that it might not be serviceable...maybe someone else knows if the standard GS rear shock is serviceable?

Back
Top Bottom