Clutch clicking

Deleted account 200417001

Reaction score
I have had a new fault I think.

When in neutral or releasing the clutch, getting a loud solenoid or electrical click sometimes sounds like a spark.

2015 R1200gs TE

Any ideas?

Cheers

Take a mechanic's stethoscope and find out where it's coming from. Or a long screwdriver, pointy end on engine, handle to earole. Try the injector covers first...

Forget recording it. It goes tickety-tick. Could come from anywhere. Get your screwdriver stuck to your ear and find out *where* it's coming from.

Forget recording it. It goes tickety-tick. Could come from anywhere. Get your screwdriver stuck to your ear and find out *where* it's coming from.

The point of recording is so others might be able to help by hearing what he is talking about

Smogbobs link seemed to flag up your issue, suggested it wasn't the clutch, but was without a satisfactory conclusion. Equally, at least for me, you vid doesn't pinpoint the source.

The noise is certainly a stange one, something I would want to tie down. Have you tried the screwdriver/stethoscope trick others have suggested?

Dealer :)

They need it for a couple of days though to check.

It's under warranty so as long as they fix it I am happy.

Fair enough.

As you can see, said part doesn't exist. Still BS doesn't really matter as long as they fix it gratis under warranty.

Good luck.

Fair enough.

As you can see, said part doesn't exist. Still BS doesn't really matter as long as they fix it gratis under warranty.

Good luck.

Saying that I am as technically minded as an aborigine with a jet engine, so he could of said something else.

He said the noise is normal but mine is louder than it should be. He also muttered something about valve clearances!! Think that is bollocks. But then said they are hardly ever out of tolerance.

Back
Top Bottom