Spain, Nav6 saftey camera alerts

Do the camera fines actually come to haunt folk back in Blighty?

I must have pinged a few French Cameras over the last decade or so, I must confess to not always checking my speedo to ensure I am bang on 56 mph, and my Mrs reckons she saw a camera go off as I went past last year, never heard a thing.

There were millions of cameras in the Dolomites, every village had 2 or 3, normally one at each end and another in the middle, and their speed limits go up and down constantly, with little apparent sense to where you can go at any particular speed, there is no way I did not trip some of these at some point on the trip.

I did get a couple sent home From Luxembourg, where they will do you for 3 kph over the limit, but the fines were cheap (@£42) so I paid them.

I guess you have answered your own question.

Nope, the question is do the Spanish send the speeding tickets home, I have only tested France, Luxembourg and Italy ;-)

Recent experience from a fellow UKGSer (Sideshow Bob, thread in this section) is that you can indeed get sent a speeding ticket from Spain.

My Garmin does not show speed cameras anymore, it tells me I am riding on a Dangerous Road Section, these seem to be a couple of miles long and normally have a speed camera in them.

Up where I am, Sort, in busy periods the often put out fake radar camera boxes. They are fold down cardboard boxes and are about the size of a large movers box. They are painted with orange stripes and looks menacing.
It does slow you down but on closer inspection when I pass them I have never seen any camera inside one just a empty box
The day I bet there is nothing inside the box is the day I will get caught.

Up where I am, Sort, in busy periods the often put out fake radar camera boxes. They are fold down cardboard boxes and are about the size of a large movers box. They are painted with orange stripes and looks menacing.
It does slow you down but on closer inspection when I pass them I have never seen any camera inside one just a empty box

I stayed in Sort for a night last year heading to the Valencia MotoGP from Mugello - lovely place and the best hotel breakfast of my trip!

Had a great few days in Sort about 10 years back. A nice place to live I imagine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Clive, as yo know I'm just down thread from you, we must get together sometime! :)

Meanwhile, they put up those 'false' radars all over the place, especially at busy times like 'Operatión Salida' (special measures over holiday weekends, etc.). In fact there's always one box that has a real camera inside, but of coyotes toy don't which one until ...

Cheers

Simon

Supplied by the ACME CORP, no doubt.

Well my autocorrect certainly is! :)

... but of coyotes toy don't which one until ...

Should have read, "but of course you don't know which one until ..."

BTW the Bar Coyote has the best tapas in Sort, a bit of a greasy spoon kind of a place but none the worse for that!

Regs

Simon

The best bar for me is Bar Pey on the main drag. The owners are fantastic an I have ,over the years, taught them how to make the best bacon and eggs. I know it is not Tapas but some times you just want home style cooking

Will catch soon Simon

The best bar for me is Bar Pey on the main drag. The owners are fantastic an I have ,over the years, taught them how to make the best bacon and eggs. I know it is not Tapas but some times you just want home style cooking

Will catch soon Simon

Yes, that's a nice place too but I like the atmosphere in the Coyote as I find the Bar Pey a bit 'stiff', no idea why really as you're probably right ...

But in summer we need a cool terrace for the dog so plump for the Taverna Motero instead as its terrace is the furthest form the traffic - plus the foxy hippy chicks serving ... :)

Cheers

Simon

PS, I'm holed up in the camping at La Pobla while our house is under reconstruction, so even closer - are you in Sort for the market on Tuesday?

Back
Top Bottom